I need to trigger running a package in the database context. There are several ways that I know how to do it.

1) Schedule it to run.
2) In the Admin->SQL Agent screen, right click->Run. This can only be done of you are an admin.

Other than that, if I am in the DTS panel, and run it, it runs using my current context. This means drives mounted are through the current PC, not from the frame of reference from the server itself.

I'd LOVE to know what the underlying SQL command would be to issue an immediate run via the schedule program. Hell, it might be OK to have the Linux box gain access to a shell on the primary SQL/Server box and issue the dtsrun from there, which would take care of the server context issue.

If I knew that, then I might be able to use the SQSH that you pointed me to. I already have both password auth and NT auth on my user ID. I can't tell you how it was done though since I didn't set it up. I know I have 2 IDs though. They initially just gave me NT auth and I screamed that I needed to be able to automate using password so they gave me another ID. On the user lists I see myself as just "broom" and as "domain\\broom"

The key issue is to setup for some OTHER user to run this stuff so I can hand production off to the other person without granting them DBA just for this type of task.

It was also fun setting it up so the SQL/Server box could read and write files on a Samba share on the Solaris side using NT auth on Samba. We ended up moving the SQL/Server box to a different domain to make it work. I had to get the newbie heavy accent asian dba in sync with the newbie Russian windows admin along with the open source evangelist (HOW DARE YOU USE SQL/SERVER!) Unix admin all in sync.