IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Completely Pointless . .
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com/ajg/ajgshop1.html|Saturday Shopping].

Why did I write this? Because I felt like it - besides, it demonstrates I can post pointless things without being intoxicated (three beers in 6 hours does not intoxication make).

So why did I post it here? Well, after I wrote it, what else was I supposed to do with it? This is, after all, the forum for boring each other with personal details, isn't it?
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
Expand Edited by Andrew Grygus May 11, 2003, 03:45:46 AM EDT
New Nearly unpointed..
Nice tips - gotta hit Joe's next week too, so I'll Czech out the beer and try the Gerolsteiner.. Yeah! all the fizzies-up-nose of a 'Coke'-thing w/o the gut-rotting phosphoric acid n pounds of sugar. Envious of Korea Town.. gentrification here means that the 'Farmers Market' may be inundated with a plague of Designer limousines too.

Maybe this should be in reviews but WTF - we're all programmed together these days, so here's the query: Meeja schizophrenia? The Prisoner | Ben Hur

Psycho-social programming's what it's all about, right?
We were just noticing this evening, a sort of incongruous juxtaposition in the daily the medium is the massage. And trying to relate it to umm The Times.

Earlier today on NPR (Lake Wobegon n'such) Keillor tossed off a nice sardonic ditty, "We're All Republicans Now".. hardly Tom Lehrer grade, but the audience loved it. I couldn't possibly paraphrase; sorry y'all missed it. Then for PM:

Local main PBS (KQED - SF) shows Ben Hur. Natch without a single UAV or truss ad. X-hours. All about Imperial Rome, slave galleys, intrepid hero played by real-life NRA leader and such. A bit of avatar interactions, with muted violins. Is this about accustoming to Empire or.. reminders of what that was like (?) (Imagine though - a Jew choreographing a series of Christian stories, but for Big-$ of course! - OK it was 1959.)

Another PBS station, KTEH in Silly Valley - continued a (non-PBS slate) rerun of The Prisoner series. This perhaps the penultimate one (in Scott Appel's reordering of the sequence). Change of Mind begins with irascible Number 6 finally being labelled unmutual (kinda like Nations which cease pretending to 'play nicely with others?)

He's exposed to a charade in which a sonic beam is supposed to have served as a lobotomizer. Then after switching spiked cups of tea with his 'nurse' and other shenanigans - he talks Number 2 into allowing him to publically encourage the general 'spilling of secrets'. But at the end, led by a now hypnotized nurse - the crowd decides that Number 2 is behaving in an unmutual way and...

Is Number 1 the dwarf? In The Village - even symbols aren't always what they appear. Hmm - just like in Our Village.

Maybe we're being overly sensitive to The Programming and the fact that everything seems an allegory for something Else, especially in view of the saturation of the daily 'other' programming. Besides, why would PBS have an internecine fork in the flow? Shiatsu medium-massage, maybe.

After all - programming is what You All Do, too - no?
Why you even have a Forth-right kind. What could one label ABCBSNBC then, with laugh-tracks and all - Allez Oop? it's certainly Object-oriented..

Ashton, just wondering if anyone else is paying attention to the massage.

..a successful LBO of Evil
New As Oblio sings, "Me and my Arrow..." :-)
New Well that's what you do with your own web site.
I'm sure I've got rubbish on [link|http://yceran.org/|my site] but it's my rubbish and if I wasn't happy with anyone being able to see it, well, then I wouldn't put it there, would I? :-)

Wade.

Is it enough to love
Is it enough to breathe
Somebody rip my heart out
And leave me here to bleed

Is it enough to die
Somebody save my life
I'd rather be Anything but Ordinary
Please

-- "Anything but Ordinary" by Avril Lavigne.

New What's Pointful?
I was just thinking about the sucky, dismal adventure of Gates and Windows, and how so many people are out of work because of, mostly, him. HE made it possible for the root weevils to team up with the tree-swinging simians (~~bosses~~) in a grab for fast cash without regard to the future - did all that have a point?

We went to the Moon, in the process, producing the finest machine in history (the LM) - that entire INDUSTRY is dead. So what was the point of that?

And how about bringing down the Berlin Wall? We did nothing to take advantage of the times to make a better world. In fact, we exploited the fearful, poor, and ungoverned citizens of the convulsed countries afterward, making a mockery of all the talk about liberty and its benefits. So, what was the point of all that Commie demonization?

CCR's protest song "Fortunate Son" is now being used to sell blue jeans to pseudo-partriots (marshmarlowes). What was the point of all that good music back then? None at all.

Does ANYTHING have a point? It's all just the seconds leaving in single file.

(Hint: Next time, throw in some Joycian psychosexual drama, maybe involving an exotic foodstuff, just to make it more pointless.)
-drl
Expand Edited by deSitter May 12, 2003, 06:45:16 AM EDT
New Even when we know
deep down, that Shakespeare was right about all that sound & fury and even, that it is all a play - we must create our own er points. It's what we do. WTF.. why settle for someone else's second-hand guess (and fantasy of having grokked The Manufacturer's Rulez! and always - so Very happy to explain them to us, too).

*I/We* are the Manufacturer. It's a tough job and most run from it, into simplistic refuge. IMhO.

So, enjoy!

Ashton

Hey.. my fav Russian trumpet virtuoso, Nakariakov is coming to the Marin Symphony in February: now There's a God!
New Nit: typo
*I/We* are the Manufacturer.

I believe you meant:
*I/We/They*

Cackle Cackle Cackle Cackle Cackle Cackle Cackle Cackle Cackle Cackle Cackle Cackle Cackle Cackle Cackle Cackle Cackle Cackle Cackle Cackle Cackle Cackle
===

Implicitly condoning stupidity since 2001.
New ..there is no 'They'____;-)
New If you could maintain that for a few dozens of pages ...
The original:
Life's but a walking shadow; a poor player, That struts and frets his hour upon the stage, And then is heard no more
The modern translation:
Does ANYTHING have a point? It's all just the seconds leaving in single file.
If you could re-write the whole piece with the perfectness of that one line, you'd have an instant modern classic.
===

Implicitly condoning stupidity since 2001.
New prefer Apollinaris water to Gerolsteiner, good with cognac
and of course just fine all by itself. Nepi is pretty good and at 99 cents a bottle cheaper than a soda.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]

Carpe Dieu
New I can't verify that because . .
. . I've never seen Apollinaris here in Los Angeles (though I have an Apollinaris Water match holder/striker brought back from France by traveling friends). Gerolsteiner is very available here, ranging from $.89 to $.99 / liter.
New I forgot, no Piggly Wiggly Supermarkets out there :-)
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

Carpe Dieu
New dupe ignore,
and of course just fine all by itself. Nepi is pretty good and at 99 cents a bottle cheaper than a soda.
thanx,
bill

Carpe Dieu
Expand Edited by boxley May 12, 2003, 03:52:04 PM EDT
New Re: dupe ignore,
If we ignored dupes here, no one would ever talk back to marlowe.

cordially,
"Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist."
New Your ref to cheap Australian Wine ....

Am assuming a man of your calibre & worldliness is a red drinker :-) ...

Well cheap Aussie red wine is a way of life here :-) we drink it, gargle with it, cook with it, collect it, some people wash in it. I don't recall visiting any of our friends who don't have racks of both the el-cheapo for quaffing & their favorite collecting stuff for impressing friends at dinner parties.

Lovely stuff.

But, have to admit that Chile produces some damned good quaffing wine as well.

Cheers Doug

Spectres from our past: Beware the future when your children & theirs come after you for what you may have been willing to condone today - dsm 2003

Motivational: When performing activities, ask yourself if the person you most want to be would do, or say, it - dsm 2003
New Red? Is there some other kind?
New What, are you colour-blind? Green, of course!
Or, as we say em Portugues, [link|http://portugal-info.net/wines/vinhoverde.htm|Vinho verde] ! :-)

Oh, wait; am I imagining things, or have you actually said some time that you are red-green colour-blind? If so, please believe me that I wasn't trying to mock your "disability" (would have been a worrying trend, what with my comment to Steve L yesterday), but only to make a funny. Apologies extended, as and if you find necessary.

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Your lies are of Microsoftian Scale and boring to boot. Your 'depression' may be the closest you ever come to recognizing truth: you have no 'inferiority complex', you are inferior - and something inside you recognizes this. - [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=71575|Ashton Brown]
Expand Edited by CRConrad May 16, 2003, 05:02:41 AM EDT
New No, I mean for drinking.
Not for mixing into punch and "wine coolers". Look at your article - the Portugues don't drink that stuff, the export it.
     Completely Pointless . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (17)
         Nearly unpointed.. - (Ashton) - (1)
             As Oblio sings, "Me and my Arrow..." :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
         Well that's what you do with your own web site. - (static)
         What's Pointful? - (deSitter) - (4)
             Even when we know - (Ashton) - (2)
                 Nit: typo - (drewk) - (1)
                     ..there is no 'They'____;-) -NT - (Ashton)
             If you could maintain that for a few dozens of pages ... - (drewk)
         prefer Apollinaris water to Gerolsteiner, good with cognac - (boxley) - (2)
             I can't verify that because . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 I forgot, no Piggly Wiggly Supermarkets out there :-) -NT - (boxley)
         dupe ignore, - (boxley) - (1)
             Re: dupe ignore, - (rcareaga)
         Your ref to cheap Australian Wine .... - (dmarker) - (3)
             Red? Is there some other kind? -NT - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                 What, are you colour-blind? Green, of course! - (CRConrad) - (1)
                     No, I mean for drinking. - (Andrew Grygus)

Dude?
110 ms