IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Sorry, about the outage; Explanation.
I have a Linux Firewall, me being Paranoid about it, I have a process watching all traffic and ethernet conditions.

Evidentally, the process saw something unexpected. Went into PANIC mode, dropped everything In or Out.

What actually happened, one of two power supplies died. It let the magic smoke out of itself. Darn it... tough to get the stuff back in. Currently running on one power-supply. When I took the bad one out, noticed the contacts to the bus-bar were burned to a crisp to. Might be getting a replacement under-warranty (power-supply and bus-bar set.

Looking at logs, it appears the burn-out caused spurious packets. Hence the Paranoid response.

Sorry for the outage. Burnout happened at 6AM EDT. Might have been screwing the packets up before that.
[link|mailto:curley95@attbi.com|greg] - IT Grand-Master for Anti-President
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry/|REMEMBER ED CURRY!]
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----\nVersion: 3.12+\nGAT d+ s+:++ a C++++ UBHLO++++ P+ L+++ E---/E---- W+++ N+ o--\nK--- w--- O+ M+ V-- PS-- PE Y+ PGP++ t+ 5++ X+ R tv+ b+++ DI+++\nD++ Q2+++ Q3A+++ UT+++ UT2K3+++ G e* h--- r+++ z+++*\n------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
New Ripple n'stuff
Yeah.. most IT types [not You, of course!] never ever take out a vom and look at ripple on the supplies, which I guess is a more frequent early-warning than most. (Especially nobody Ever looks at ditto on those welding PSs for the kewl THz CPUS - many of which save some pennies by not using Lo-ESR caps). Once one cap loses its stuff, the ripple heating takes out ... ...

But I digress.. I recall a board in the 3.1 days which would launch a TSR and window the values of the usual PS suspects. I think then - DC only. Hmmm, bet I have that card in basement. Nowadays, with built-in temp sensors everywhere (transistors connected as diodes) -- I'd imagine there must be something which would indeed monitor for DCV and - AC ripple, too. And since yours seems to be among the few Lab quality IT setups [and ya gots the 454A to prove it] - is this feature worth Googling for?

Worry about the CS stuff and the tides will take care of selves..

Ashton, rippling mussels
     Sorry, about the outage; Explanation. - (folkert) - (1)
         Ripple n'stuff - (Ashton)

Obeying the Three Laws of Thermodynamics since 2001.
56 ms