IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Dissent crushed in America
[link|http://www.boycott-hollywood.us/|by evil corporate lawyers]

Excerpt:

Apparently, our domain registrar (namesdirect.com - subsidiary of Dotster.com) have caved to the pressures of the William Morris Agency giant. On April 29, 2003, Dotster.com received a letter from the William Morris Agency in regards to this website. Their complaint accused us of liable and potentially other civil and criminal offenses.

This is another fine example of how Hollywood feels that their opinion and view is the only one that matters. Average citizens are disallowed the free expression of our point of view because they don't like being challenged for their views. I stand firm on the belief that we have done nothing wrong at this website - - The celebrities have expressed their views, and we have responded in kind by expressing our views regarding the thoughts and ideas that they have, publicly, expressed.

Dotster.com has suspended our update information at this domain and have informed us that the DNS information of this domain has been changed and the website will be down within the next 24 hours and our contract with them is now null and void. They are doing this because we did not provide accurate contact information in their public database.

When I explained that the reason we did not provide accurate contact information is because we have received multiple death threats and I did not wish for just anyone to have my personal information - and asked them for suggestions on what to do - Dotster was unmoved. They did not give me the chance to update the information with accurate information and keep the domain. That's not an option - - they are just simply going to shut down our domain - no explanation needed.

I say:

A chilling effect. Truly chilling.
----------------------------------------------------------------
It's more than just a military success.
Victory was the answer - to a great many problems.
When the facts speak for themselves, only a fool insists on having a debate.
The future is leaving the station, the US is at the throttle, and the Left isn't on board.
[link|http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/index.html|http://www.angelfire...arlowe/index.html]
New Sad thing is
The sad thing here is that William Morris didn't even ask that the web site be taken down. Only that they stop attributing political statements to the company and remove information about one of it's agents that was posted there.

Looks like the registrar just instinctivly yanked the site upon seeing a legal notice.

And the bit about the website saying they didn't get anything from William Morris and at the same time admiting their contact information was false is just funny.

Jay
New Yep...that was good for a chuckle.
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
     Dissent crushed in America - (marlowe) - (2)
         Sad thing is - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
             Yep...that was good for a chuckle. -NT - (bepatient)

Hi, my name is Linus Torvalds, and I pronounce "LRPD" as "LRPD".
33 ms