IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Ooops.
Looks like I'm getting angry at the wrong people.

My buyers agents cases have been taken over by the office manager. All they'll say is he's dealing with personal problems. Whether that's a death in the family, or he's in the hospital, or rehab, or whatever, they won't say.

However, they never bothered to tell us this either, and while I can conceivably see a scenario where our buyers agent had an emergency, and all he could do was call his office and then go, I can't think of a situation where the office wouldn't get around to telling one of his customers, DAYS away from BUYING ONE OF THEIR PROPERTIES, that we need to start talking to someone else.

I mean... geez.

"We are all born originals -- why is it so many of us die copies?"
- Edward Young
New Take it up with the Office Manager...
The office manager is supposed to be "dealing" with the quality of his salepeople. He should definitely get on to the salesman for not covering his current salespeople.

That being said, Real Estate (at least in Texas) is a very "individual" business. Each salesperson is his/her own boss, an independent contractor much like Mary Kay. Each salesperson draws no salary from the office (with the exception of a handful of companies), and actually "funds" the office out of their sales.

The office and the salesman share the sales fee, usually provided by the seller (unless you use a buyer's agent, then the buyer pays the fee).

New No wonder Texas *needs* a Death Penalty..
..or maybe the world needs for Texas to cull its population.. Somehow?

PS - yeah, I still blame 'Texas' - for letting Karl Rove & his marionette Shrub grow in that petri dish which nourishes so many sociopaths; then they leave this hothouse environment for growing e coli-- and wreak havoc on innocent non-Texans everwhere.
Expand Edited by Ashton April 29, 2003, 04:49:05 PM EDT
New Real Estate independent contractors....
I think it's pretty much a NATIONAL thing Ashton. I know when I include "here in Texas" you and Ross seem to jump on the Texas hatred bandwagon.

I speak out of my experience, which I will admit is mostly Texas, with some Oklahoma and Lousiana to boot.

But, based on conversations with people, real estate agents are pretty much independent contractors anywhere you go in this country.

Give me a state where most or all real estate agents are paid salary and are employed by their office.

New where the f' did that come from?
Man, you need to take a serious "chill pill" or something. Your rabid hatred of Texas is just consuming you. It's not very becoming.

PS. wow - didn't know Texas was responsible for the selection of the Republican Party's presidential candidate, let alone who ends up as the prez.
Darrell Spice, Jr.                      [link|http://www.spiceware.org/cgi-bin/spa.pl?album=./Artistic%20Overpass|Artistic Overpass]\n[link|http://www.spiceware.org/|SpiceWare] - We don't do Windows, it's too much of a chore
New If Tejanos had a lick of sense...
...they'd never have allowed someone a vapid as Shrub to be (s)elected to the Guv'ners Mansion (or someone as Macheavelian [sic] as Carl "The Puppetteer" Rove anywhere near the Guv'ners Mansion) in the first place.

Ash, have I got it right?
jb4
"We continue to live in a world where all our know-how is locked into binary files in an unknown format. If our documents are our corporate memory, Microsoft still has us all condemned to Alzheimer's."
Simon Phipps, SUN Microsystems
New Who is Carl Rove?
Our governor is Rick Perry.

I've lived in Texas a long time and never heard of Carl Rove...

New Shrub's political advisor...
...the guy who's been pulling his puppet strings pretty much the whole way up the political chain.
After 9/11, Bush made two statements:
1. "Terrorists hate America because America is a land of freedom and opportunity."
2. "We intend to attack the root causes of terrorism."

Sounds like everything is going according to plan.
New Minding our cees and kays
Th-th-that's Karl Rove, K-K-Karl with a "K."

kordially,
"Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist."
New G'morning Glen....
Glad to see Carl's Shroud of Secrecy worked so well!

(But then, a good puppetter is not supposed to be seen, now is he?)
jb4
"We continue to live in a world where all our know-how is locked into binary files in an unknown format. If our documents are our corporate memory, Microsoft still has us all condemned to Alzheimer's."
Simon Phipps, SUN Microsystems
Expand Edited by jb4 May 1, 2003, 09:50:45 AM EDT
New what I don't see
is how Ashton's "Bash Texas" response relates to the discussion at hand about real estate. As Glen notes, Ashton and Ross seem to foam at the mouth over any mention of Texas.
Darrell Spice, Jr.                      [link|http://www.spiceware.org/cgi-bin/spa.pl?album=./Artistic%20Overpass|Artistic Overpass]\n[link|http://www.spiceware.org/|SpiceWare] - We don't do Windows, it's too much of a chore
New Re: what I don't see
I froth over about how ALL the South has been adjoined by the carpetbagging right - exploiting as they did the drooling progeny of leftovers from the war, the cowards and self-interested shirkers, after the best men were wasted mentally and physically.

Texas is just the first offender among 11 equals. I wish the South were still livable.
-drl
New knee-jerk reaction, I guess..
I tend to view "how places handle the humongous-greed quotient in Real Estate\ufffd" kinda like the old saw: "you can determine the character of a country by how it treats the least-powerful who live there"

I have some (past) experience of the "Title Insurance Scam" and other cash cows of RE - surely almost as scurrilous a trade as Billy and the Barbarians (and much older).

So I just looked at the thread and the 'wishy-washy' behaviour of the folks involved in this deal and concluded: Yup, Texas is no beacon in the Night in THIS area. Either. Individuals are not "The State" however - even I Know That.

It still sucks. What great contributions to civilization have emerged from the collective actions of 'Texans' -?- [Ans: damn well nothing at all in the way of Civil Liberties, unless I've missed something Big]

Ashton, Irrational like most
New Re: knee-jerk reaction, I guess..
Ashton wonders What great contributions to civilization have emerged from the collective actions of 'Texans' -?- [Ans: damn well nothing at all in the way of Civil Liberties, unless I've missed something Big]

Aren't we overlooking the freedom granted to the Texas governor to execute the aged, the infirm, the halt, lame, blind and poor in job lots, week in, week out, the year long? The governors in less enlightened states face all sorts of obstacles when they wish to work a bit of judicial homicide on the pee-pul's behalf. Credit where due, old son.

cordially,
"Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist."
New Credit grudgingly slathered, for consistency. cf above :-\ufffd
And.. the LRPD walketh with moi! Forsooth I espied just now -

They may disagree on who is an idiot, but they agree that most are.
New But, but, are you forgetting...
"the Alamo!" :)
Alex

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. -- Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)
New Saw that,
read the perpetual Press Releases - saw the nose grow longer with each retelling. The excitement I felt was..

What if the Mexicans had won (and stayed)? Kinder, gentler culture.. Cinco de Mayo, Dia de los Muertos ... same amount of thieving likely (but less hypocritical about admitting it) and a mellifluous language instead of - -

Oh well, next incarnation

Ashton
New You would be in Canada now, sending money back home
Ashton, this is another case of "nuking Redmond". I do not think that you really want to live in Mexico. You just wanted to say something nice, right?
--

Want to be original? Start with a great template!
New Actually..
While their 'judicial system' is clearly more overtly fucked than even ours.. and remnants of PRI will persist for years. etc. - having spent now several weeks in various parts, with remnants of knowledge of la lengua + native speaker along:

I'd take Mexico As-Is (and with new prospects) over.. several possible scenarios of an Aschcrofulated Bush-league Murica - say, several years hence -?- depending on whether an election is held? is stolen or [sorriest of all] 'won' by the Karl Rove Corporate group.

But given Canada too, and the *present* equations: you might be close-enough ;-)

Ashton Patriot
(in wherever Patria the principles next have a chance of surviving)
New I know what you mean.
I saw the Alamo on my one and only (business) trip to San Antonio. It's almost inconspicuous.
Alex

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. -- Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)
     The land of idiocy and aggravation. - (cwbrenn) - (34)
         If you think this is fun, wait until the actual closing. - (admin) - (6)
             *cries* - (cwbrenn) - (4)
                 I beg to differ... - (admin) - (3)
                     You're right... but I'm not a strong man. - (cwbrenn) - (2)
                         :-D - (admin)
                         ICLRPD (new thread) - (drewk)
             Beats my closing - (lincoln)
         In my case, my loan officer knew all. - (Another Scott) - (2)
             I thought this was how the Agents *earned* that 6% - (Ashton) - (1)
                 I think the agents figure their job is done when - (Another Scott)
         You got it easy. - (Steve Lowe)
         Got you beat... - (gdaustin) - (1)
             More... - (gdaustin)
         All of that plus... - (Silverlock)
         Ooops. - (cwbrenn) - (19)
             Take it up with the Office Manager... - (gdaustin) - (18)
                 No wonder Texas *needs* a Death Penalty.. - (Ashton) - (17)
                     Real Estate independent contractors.... - (gdaustin)
                     where the f' did that come from? - (SpiceWare) - (15)
                         If Tejanos had a lick of sense... - (jb4) - (14)
                             Who is Carl Rove? - (gdaustin) - (3)
                                 Shrub's political advisor... - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                                     Minding our cees and kays - (rcareaga)
                                 G'morning Glen.... - (jb4)
                             what I don't see - (SpiceWare) - (9)
                                 Re: what I don't see - (deSitter)
                                 knee-jerk reaction, I guess.. - (Ashton) - (7)
                                     Re: knee-jerk reaction, I guess.. - (rcareaga) - (1)
                                         Credit grudgingly slathered, for consistency. cf above :-\ufffd - (Ashton)
                                     But, but, are you forgetting... - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                                         Saw that, - (Ashton) - (3)
                                             You would be in Canada now, sending money back home - (Arkadiy) - (1)
                                                 Actually.. - (Ashton)
                                             I know what you mean. - (a6l6e6x)

Well, the place was crowded. We were packed in like sardines. They were all there to listen to the Big Band sounds of Tommy Dorsal. What sole! Tommy was rocking the place with a very popular tuna: "Sal-mon Chanted Evening," and the stage was surrounded by screaming groupers; probably there to see the bass player.
235 ms