IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Bummer - it DID when I posted it.
Did you see the speech?

Loss of working ops is one thing.

Denying his kids access to school events is another.

There's a deeper pattern of harrassment/black listing there thats a bit frightening.

"Packed like lemmings into shiny metal boxes.
Contestants in a suicidal race."
    - Synchronicity II - The Police
New And yet.. still, in fact - Sinclair Lewis' work is deemed
"an exaggerated assessment of the Murican persona" - though mostly by the ones who never bothered to read It Can't Happen Here [dated techno and all, of course].

Garish.. sad - but no longer unbelievable, given where we're headed. I recall vividly, watching Welch on B&W TV live, at the [link|http://www.dimensional.com/~randl/mccart.htm|"McCarthy VS the US Army"] [!!] hearings - finally drive the nail into the First Mc C's coffin: Senator.. Senator.. in the end, have you no shame at all?

I see the rhetoric daily, and I still have trouble believing It Can Be Swallowed Whole, in 2003. Dumbth is too mild a word for such utter cluelessness on so large a Televised Scale.

Ashton
     Tim Robbins on CSPAN - (tuberculosis) - (31)
         ??? link doesnt mention Tim Robbins - (boxley) - (2)
             Bummer - it DID when I posted it. - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                 And yet.. still, in fact - Sinclair Lewis' work is deemed - (Ashton)
         Seems hypocritcal - (SpiceWare) - (23)
             full text of speech link enclosed - (boxley)
             It is... - (bepatient)
             The Public? - (Silverlock)
             Who? - (tuberculosis) - (19)
                 I didn't say it was all OK - (SpiceWare) - (18)
                     Vague definitions of "The Public" culminate in that - (Ashton) - (3)
                         I love the new telephone computer generated polls - (boxley)
                         Speaking of polls ... - (drewk)
                         doesn't change the hypocrisy in his stance. - (SpiceWare)
                     Re: I didn't say it was all OK - (rcareaga) - (13)
                         Re: I didn't say it was all OK - (SpiceWare) - (12)
                             oh, for heaven's sake! - (rcareaga) - (11)
                                 Re: oh, for heaven's sake! - (SpiceWare) - (7)
                                     Gawd Forbid that someone might get away with a bit of - (Ashton) - (1)
                                         While I can overlook the teacher stuff - (SpiceWare)
                                     If that's all you've seen - (Silverlock) - (4)
                                         Even though I live in Texas - (SpiceWare) - (3)
                                             What? - (Silverlock) - (2)
                                                 Re: What? - (SpiceWare)
                                                 this is exactly what I was saying - (SpiceWare)
                                 {sigh} Do I hear an echo in the History dept. hallway? - (Ashton) - (2)
                                     not sure that is the factor - (boxley) - (1)
                                         cf 'hypocrisy': it's in the Genes. Our mothers milk. -NT - (Ashton)
         Go where, exactly? - (marlowe)
         Instead of Bitching - (deSitter) - (2)
             Lordie, but Michael Moore... - (rcareaga) - (1)
                 ObDitto! -NT - (Another Scott)

Beer is better than pain.
49 ms