IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New ..only in our minds.
- such 'My Personal God-Personality' models as you suggested.

Without (intelligent use of) the concept of 'scale' - all attempts to try and map the terrain of the [Unknown] turns into a circle-jerk of recursive er redundancy. (I assert)

Which was why the language Sanskrit was invented: solely for the purpose of evading - to the extent possible - the inherent problem that all words used in common language have: their referents are of ordinary material kind. Nobody makes stand-up comedy in Sanskrit: surely the litmus test of any conversational language extant :-\ufffd

Note how psych (for just one example of a topic which has few 'measurable physical' aspects) postulates 'cases of dis-ease'.. which largely depend upon some consensus of what "normal behaviour" IS? Might Be? (did anyone Check? How well? How often? With what yardstick? yada)

(Oh, then note how much of the world's art, music, science and invention - has been the result of work by misfits.) Love. It.

And psych is hardly 'metaphysical' in scope.. though it can be also looked at "with scale" -- which is what astrology and other arts [once practiced competently.. we are told] attempted to accomplish. Some people long ago were as careful about the problems of Language as any.. since. Will S. is the obv. example, but many others qualify.

Lately 'we' all have become sloppier and sloppier - due directly IMhO to the rise, even glorification of the shallow; the advent of marketing and infotainment for the LCD of humanity -- as ersatz evasions of the difficulties of intense study [of Anything]. Hell.. that is real Work!

ie Language has limits, however carefully one means to employ it. Most 'discussions' (even here? :-0 ) are conducted rather sloppily as regards word-referents and, in the West [sorry but.. it's true] the concept of scale is rarely encountered, or if it is: rarely employed with the care required. It is a matter needing study, unless one is a prodigy / or born fully aware (?)

Which IMhO - is why anything posted in THIS forum is so apt to descend into "logical proofs of / against 'God'" [Hah..] or, occasionally - may employ an adult emotional center and deliver the lesser: pretty good psych eval.
Besides, anybody 'God-conscious' - would be the last to mention it, let alone 'claim' it. {Cosmic cackle heard?} Doncha just love self-cancelling tacks?

We may now return to our regularly scheduled Ontological Wff n'Proof game.

Ashton

Wff n'Proof - a great sorta-'card' game for teaching basic logic; I know some kids whose sociology Prof father hooked them on it. Insufferable little brats at times - but Logical insufferablelittlebrats. (You think smarmy is bad!)

Recall announced:
Disregard previous fortune cookie -
All the above is True.
I always Lie.
New since we are all little trogdylytes
peering fearfully out at a world we dont understand, religion works for some, others dont care except for neural satisfaction, a few try to puzzle it out and either go mad (as defined by the others) or go sane and are also defined as mad.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]

Since corporations are the equivelent of human but they have no "concience" they are by definition sociopaths
New Lola's papa weighs in
Q: Man's understanding of these mysteries is embodied in
his concept of a Divine Being. As a final question, do you
believe in God?

A: To be quite candid-- and what I am going to say now is
something I never said before, and I hope it provokes a
salutary little chill-- I know more than I can express in
words, and the little I can express would not have been
expressed, had I not known more.

--Vladimir Nabokov, 1963 ("interview" with Alvin Toffler)

cordially,
"Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist."
New Or as another 'wag' put it,
(Georgian extraction IIRC. First name 'Gyorgi' too. No, not the US state) ~~

In the end it is all rather simple. But in order to know this pretty Little - one has first to learn / then unlearn pretty Much.

:-\ufffd
(Personally I find a significant difference between Real Paradox, of the sort which can teach and.. the Hofstadterian-fostered sorta "Boolean search for cute contradictory recursive phrases".) That sooo reminds me of imagining that what one is Googling-for is: Instant Knowledge\ufffd.
Google: the Readers Digest of All and Everything cha cha

It's a circus out/in there!
New ICLRPD (new thread)
Created as new thread #96292 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=96292|ICLRPD]
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]

Since corporations are the equivelent of human but they have no "concience" they are by definition sociopaths
     Norman norman norman - come to me my son, harken ... - (dmarker) - (24)
         Except that - (Ashton)
         I know God - (orion) - (1)
             Whose (g)od 'him' - keep lookin' -NT - (dmarker)
         Ah, good ol' proof by assertion... - (tseliot) - (20)
             But I nicked the final lines from great philosophers :-) -NT - (dmarker)
             Antebellum cerebellum then - - (Ashton) - (4)
                 Hilarious. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                     Re: Hilarious. - (rcareaga) - (1)
                         Prolly a different pair - (Ashton)
                     Ja Mitgeliebter der link-isches. -NT - (Ashton)
             Re: Ah, good ol' proof by assertion... - (deSitter) - (13)
                 Inside & | Outside - artificial boundary -NT - (Ashton)
                 what IS is - (boxley) - (11)
                     ..only in our minds. - (Ashton) - (4)
                         since we are all little trogdylytes - (boxley)
                         Lola's papa weighs in - (rcareaga) - (2)
                             Or as another 'wag' put it, - (Ashton) - (1)
                                 ICLRPD (new thread) - (boxley)
                     On the path to God - (dmarker) - (5)
                         But to possess that knowledge without - (Ashton) - (4)
                             Am assuming from the Vedas ? - (dmarker) - (3)
                                 Re: Am assuming from the Vedas ? - (Ashton) - (2)
                                     Re: Am assuming from the Vedas ? - (rcareaga) - (1)
                                         The fez is familiar but .. - (Ashton)

I didn't tell you that it was good! I told you that it was interesting.
116 ms