Dear Ms(?) Ceil-Rosenberg,

Thank you for your reply. While it's helpful to know "Office Depot will continue to stock over 60,000 different technology items", that has nothing to do with what I wrote you about.

You state "The article you mention in your E-mail contains inaccuracies in both the information presented and the conclusions drawn.", but you fail to provide me with any information that defines the "inaccuracies".

The premise of the article is that you are forcing hardware and software purchasers to buy only Microsoft approved equipment. Will you start to require that all pens come from Bic, pencils from Rose, paper only from Xerox, staples and staplers only from Swingline and so on?

While I may occasionally need to purchase a Microsoft product, I want to have a choice. Most times I'd prefer to buy (and recommend to my clients) a reliable, top of the line piece of software. If you won't provide a choice of software/hardware, then why should I shop your store? I can always purchase office supplies from your competitors who still offer a choice.

Word has been released on the internet about your decision. An example of the type of coverage Office Depot is receiving is here. [link|http://www.aaxnet.com/editor/edit030.html|Andrew's link]

Please let me know if/when you decide to reverse the ill-thought decision to restrict hardware/software sales to Microsoft only. Until then, my recommendations, and purchases, will be to directed to other office supply companies.

Sincerely,

Joe Brabeck