IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New From the BBC:
[link|http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/2895993.stm|BBC]

The reliance on a relatively small force with vastly superior technology and air power was based on the assumption that most of the Iraqi armed forces would crumble quickly and the people would rise up against a hated regime.

That did not happen.
and

Initial reports of unrest in Basra by British military sources were clearly exaggerated.
and

But there are other factors too, which western politicians may have unwisely discounted.

People whose country is under attack from outside tend to draw together.

The feeling of national resistance to invasion may grow the longer the war goes on and the bloodier it becomes.
Also, remember the Big Picture.

We are there to liberate the Iraqi people.
-or-
We are there to destroy Saddam's "WMD's" which can't be found.

But, either way, killing lots of Iraqis (or starving them out of their cities) is NOT how this war was sold.

Watch Marlowe and you'll see the shift happening. Soon the issue won't be how many Iraqis die, just that US troops take cities.
New As for Marlowe, you've already seen the shift...
I called him on this a few days ago. He remarked that the Iraq people were NOT the primary reason we went into Iraq.

I'm frankly surprised he ran the Kurdish picture he did a few days ago, given the arrangements that the US and Turkey tried to reach prior to the war.
New Do not ask for whom the bellicose tolls
(Or whence cuts / pastes his trolls)
The toll is paid by me & mine
For him it's just another line

Ashton Doggerel to Watch Tee Vee By
     From the BBC: - (Brandioch) - (2)
         As for Marlowe, you've already seen the shift... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
             Do not ask for whom the bellicose tolls - (Ashton)

Soylent Green is people!
37 ms