IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Which devices?
That shouldn't be it. Are you loading the other drivers?
all the other USB lines are still in the config.sys, I only listed those 2 lines as those were the only lines I'd changed for 2.0 support. Forgot to mention - one of the last things I did last night was add a /V at the end of it to make sure it was loading, and it is. I originally had BASEDEV=USBEHCD.SYS in there a few times because there's 6 USB ports(I had to add multiple 1.x driver entries to get the SOYO's multiple USB ports to work). However, the additional entries put up a message along the lines of "no other USB controllers found". I suspect either the USB 2.0 driver automatically handles multiple controllers, or the 6 USB ports are really a built-in 6 port hub.

Make sure you have a "RUN=APMDAEMN.EXE" in the config.sys too.
I'll check that tonight.

So far, I've had very good luck with sharing IRQs; it mostly appears to be a problem with older NIC and sound card drivers that haven't been updated.
The ESS Solo's driver is from '99, so the sound card sharing it's IRQ with the USB controller just might be the problem.

I don't always mention it - but mega thanx for all your help :-)
Darrell Spice, Jr.                      [link|http://www.spiceware.org/cgi-bin/spa.pl?album=./Artistic%20Overpass|Artistic Overpass]\n[link|http://www.spiceware.org/|SpiceWare] - We don't do Windows, it's too much of a chore
New Re: Which devices?
"all the other USB lines are still in the config.sys, I only listed those 2 lines as those were the only lines I'd changed for 2.0 support. Forgot to mention - one of the last things I did last night was add a /V at the end of it to make sure it was loading, and it is. I originally had BASEDEV=USBEHCD.SYS in there a few times because there's 6 USB ports(I had to add multiple 1.x driver entries to get the SOYO's multiple USB ports to work). However, the additional entries put up a message along the lines of "no other USB controllers found". I suspect either the USB 2.0 driver automatically handles multiple controllers, or the 6 USB ports are really a built-in 6 port hub."

I have read that the OS/2 USB drivers only supports up to 4 controllers. Also did you leave the USB 1.1 drivers in config.sys? I have read that these are required to support backward compatibilty. That for each 2.0 controller there is a 1.1 controller to handle any 1.1 USB devices attached. This is all just what I have read in Usenet, as I have no USB 2.0 to play with. Do you have USB 2.0 devices to plug in?

Most times there are 2 USB ports for each controller I think, or in the case of 2.0 I think there may be 3 USB 2.0 ports and 3 USB 1.1 ports. Are any of the ports labelled differently? You should run PCI.EXE to see what you actually have. In my case PCI.EXE shows only two UHCI controllers, and I have only 2 USB ports.:

"Vendor 8086h Intel Corporation
Device 2442h 82801BA/BAM USB Controller #1 (ICH2/ICH2-M B5 step)
Command 0005h (I/O Access, BusMaster)
Status 0280h (Supports Back-To-Back Trans., Medium Timing)
Revision 05h, Header Type 00h, Bus Latency 00h
Self test 00h (Self test not supported)
PCI Class Serial, type USB (UHCI)
Subsystem ID 10271025h Unknown
Subsystem Vendor 1025h Acer Inc
Address 4 is an I/O Port : 00008000h
System IRQ 11, INT# D

Vendor 8086h Intel Corporation
Device 2444h 82801BA/BAM USB Controller #2 (ICH2/ICH2-M B5 step)
Command 0005h (I/O Access, BusMaster)
Status 0280h (Supports Back-To-Back Trans., Medium Timing)
Revision 05h, Header Type 00h, Bus Latency 00h
Self test 00h (Self test not supported)
PCI Class Serial, type USB (UHCI)
Subsystem ID 10271025h Unknown
Subsystem Vendor 1025h Acer Inc
Address 4 is an I/O Port : 00008060h
System IRQ 11, INT# C"

Mark
For a choice in the future JOIN VOICE NOW
check out [link|http://www.os2voice.org/index.html|http://www.os2voice.org/index.html]
New it needed the OHCI lines
I ended up with EHCI once on irq 10 and OHCI three times on irqs 5, 14 and 15.

I tested the 6 ports with my Linksys 64MB "memory disk", and each instance of OHCI handled 2 ports. Reading in the motherboard manual I find this rather interesting statement
Each of the six USB ports can be automatically routed to support a High-speed USB 2.0 devices or Low-speed USB 1.1 devices.
Sounds like EHCI only comes into play if there's a 2.0 device plugged in. I don't have any USB 2.0 devices to test it out with.

I got the memory disk for $10 at Fry's(it lists for $45). I suspect the 1.1 versions of the memory disks are being cleared out for faster 2.0 versions.
Darrell Spice, Jr.                      [link|http://www.spiceware.org/cgi-bin/spa.pl?album=./Artistic%20Overpass|Artistic Overpass]\n[link|http://www.spiceware.org/|SpiceWare] - We don't do Windows, it's too much of a chore
     New Hardware - Take 2 - (SpiceWare) - (19)
         UserID/Password - (jake123) - (6)
             question - (SpiceWare) - (5)
                 I'm not a hundred percent sure. - (jake123) - (4)
                     I'd update them to 1.1 - (SpiceWare) - (3)
                         BFE - (inthane-chan) - (2)
                             Ah, our version up here is BFA - (jake123) - (1)
                                 I know my folx would approve - (SpiceWare)
         just a couple issues so far - (SpiceWare) - (8)
             Which devices? - (jake123) - (3)
                 Re: Which devices? - (SpiceWare) - (2)
                     Re: Which devices? - (madodel) - (1)
                         it needed the OHCI lines - (SpiceWare)
             update - (SpiceWare) - (3)
                 ACPI - (jake123)
                 So what's the hardware verdict on Soyo Ath vs Abit P4? - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     Re: So what's the hardware verdict on Soyo Ath vs Abit P4? - (SpiceWare)
         more info on blob pause - (SpiceWare) - (2)
             That one's documented - (jake123) - (1)
                 Sounds good - (SpiceWare)

Cococabanana Blaps - It's not just for breakfast anymore!
48 ms