IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: 60 minutes on Iraq
I have a bird (a cockatiel) nicknamed Flip.

But seriously, the sourpusses are actually trying to redefine expressions of happiness. I guess blowing kisses means "kiss off" and smiling is actually baring their teeth in anger, and waving is "buh-BYE!" Next we'll hear the Iraqis breathe carbon dioxide and exhale oxygen.

"Yup these Iraqis are smiling and laughing as they hold more food in their hands than they had all year, and to top it off they flip multiple offensive gestures at a large group of heavily armed white devil-men, who (according to what the "balanced" media report) they think are trying to kill every last one of them."

Pretty desperate. Never thought they'd try "revisionist present."
New Latest videos we had from Umm Qasar so much better

The stuff on Ozzie TV showed 'happy little vegemites' (Aussie expression for nice).

That was what we were expecting at the start.

But in one other city where the US took the risk & drove in supplies, one crowd stood chanting something akin to 'hail Saddam we love you'. But beyond that they were satisfied to take the supplies.

We also had reports of at least 200 civillian dead in one town. The reports explained that the marines were getting tougher, they shot at anything that moved - there was also one report of troops entering a house to find 2 dead children a wounded father & ok mother the shooting was from 'stray bullets' (Hmmm maybe they should be booked for jay-zapping).

As the war is progressing both in time and toward Bagdhad, the killing is getting meaner. But as always it is Saddam's fault.

Doug M

Spectres from our past: Beware the future when your children & theirs come after you for what you may have been willing to condone today - dsm 2003

Motivational: When performing activities, ask yourself if the person you most want to be would do, or say, it - dsm 2003
New RTFineM
[link|http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/library/news/iraq/2002/iraq-book.htm|http://www.globalsec...002/iraq-book.htm]

Gestures
There are gestures used in the Arab world that convey different meanings
from those used in America. An Arab may signify \ufffdyes\ufffd with a
downward nod. \ufffdNo\ufffd can be signaled in several ways: tilting one\ufffds head
slightly back and raising the eyebrows; moving one\ufffds head back and
chin upward; moving one\ufffds head back and making a clicking sound with
the tongue; or using the open palm moved from right to left toward the
person. \ufffdThat\ufffds enough, thank you,\ufffd may be indicated by patting the
heart a few times. \ufffdExcellent\ufffd is expressed with open palms toward the
person. \ufffdOK\ufffd may be shown by touching the outer edge of one\ufffds eyes
with the fingertips. The \ufffdA-OK\ufffd (forming a circle with the index finger
and thumb of one hand) and \ufffdthumbs-up\ufffd gesture are considered
obscene by Arabs. The left hand is considered unclean; the right hand
should be used when gesturing. To beckon another person, all fingers
wave with the palm facing downward.

--
Chris Altmann
New So far I've seen conflicting statements
though saying that "thumbs up" is obscene appears to be the latest rage on all the angst-blogs.
New why dont you try a human source?
and do the stand in front of the mosque thing, report back what you find. The internet also reports ufo's etc. Do you buy into that as well?
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]

Since corporations are the equivelent of human but they have no "concience" they are by definition sociopaths
New Re: why dont you try a human source?
If you smile at someone who hates you (whether or not it's cultural), they will not smile back.
New Food mystery - missing supplies
"Yup these Iraqis are smiling and laughing as they hold more food in their hands than they had all year,

One Iraqi official appearently said that each city was given a 6-month supply of food before the war. However, nobody knows what happened to these supplies in many cases. Somebody is lying or hording.
             Latest videos we had from Umm Qasar so much better - (dmarker)
             RTFineM - (altmann) - (3)
                 So far I've seen conflicting statements - (cybermace5) - (2)
                     why dont you try a human source? - (boxley) - (1)
                         Re: why dont you try a human source? - (cybermace5)
             Food mystery - missing supplies - (tablizer)
         That guy bopping Saddam's poster on the nose with his shoe? - (Another Scott) - (9)
             interesting note, the reporter had an Iraqi who - (boxley)
             Re: That guy bopping Saddam's poster on the nose with his sh - (cybermace5) - (7)
                 Now I have never been to Iraq but have visited the - (boxley) - (6)
                     Re: Now I have never been to Iraq but have visited the - (cybermace5) - (5)
                         I might be a dirty american - (boxley) - (1)
                             Re: taco bell isnt representative? - (a6l6e6x)
                         I would interpret the thumbs up as OK. Some variations: - (dmarker) - (2)
                             Who are you, and what have you done with dmarker? -NT - (cybermace5) - (1)
                                 Meaning ??? (please don't get mystical like Box does) <g> -NT - (dmarker)

30,000 pounds.... of bananas!
44 ms