IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Why haven't they used nukes/chem/bio?
And now we have to do it. Iraq was never going to disarm itself in a million years.
Easy.

They haven't used them because they don't have them.

They don't have them because Iraq HAS disarmed (in that they don't have nuke/chem/bio weapons).

I guess that "million years" came a little sooner than you expected.
New If they had nukes....
...we wouldn't have acted so precipitously.

As for chemical/biological weapons, I don't think their non-use is an accurate indicator of whether they have them or not. Militarily speaking, these weapons are neither a deterrent nor do they have many tactical benefits.

OTOH, the second they do use them (assuming they have them), then they've lost the one card that they have up their sleeve (i.e. European opinion). Also won't help them in consolidating Arab opinion - though the home team crowd is likely to be a bit less daunted.
New At this point, I think it is.
US tanks are heading towards Saddam. He knows he's going to die. Along with his sons and anyone near him.

Anyone's opinion doesn't matter at this point.

Chemical agents would have been used against the US troops in Kuwait. They were consolidated and in a known location. But nothing happened.

Failing that, chemical agents would have been deployed to channelize the invading forces. But that didn't happen.

If Saddam has chemical weapons, but will not even use them when his life is in danger and his government is facing certain destruction............

We are talking about the same Saddam, right?

If Bush's life and regime were in danger from an invading army, I'm positive he'd be tossing nukes left and right.
New As to that last - it's worse than that.
With the calibre of 'advisors' and his own Messianic aims - the problem isn't about the Dubya cabal using nukes in that (almost unimaginable extremis - less'n his opponent were Russia..)

He's already started on research for "smaller bite-sized" nukes - a perfectly clear indication that his aim is to finally eradicate the idea of nuclear weapons as Last-resort Strategic weapons. Obviously he wishes to make these seem to be just an ordinary part of our enforcement arsenal.. for any recalcitrant State he has on his list of of UnAmerican-type candidates for reeducation and assimilation. Don't worry pretty-little heads here, folks - it's just another 'smart munition' in the service of a succession of Wars For Peace.

M$ : Borg : US Warfare State

The common denominator of bin-L and the Bush Cabal is daily resolving to, simply Fundamentalism:

Allah <--or--> the Armageddon-fantasy of US Xian Charismatic Kind

Natch we will not see this Grandiose Plan on the Repo Party slate, but a psych-inventory of this cabal reveals the mindset. Far-Rightfulness isn't so merely cute an epithet any more. (Too lazy to find a link to the Org which has contacts in ME and seeks to 'facilitate' The End Times cha cha cha. These are *serious* Loonies.)

But please to call it merely "personal religious expression" - never mind that such a POV places all of humanity as fodder for megalomaniacal wet dreams. We always worried about a psycho-Officer launching one of those Obscenities; not about a psycho-F\ufffdhrer & Staff.

(Now if That ain't scary..)

Ashton

POE OPE EOP

Peace On Earth
Precious Bodily Fluids, Mandrake, Bat Guano, 'recall code' ...
(hint - Sterling Hayden)
New Mega-dittoes.
He's already started on research for "smaller bite-sized" nukes - a perfectly clear indication that his aim is to finally eradicate the idea of nuclear weapons as Last-resort Strategic weapons.
Yep.

If Saddam has nuke/chem/bio weapons, he is demonstrating more restraint and concern for humanity than our regime is/would.

Hmmmm, there's something to be said for a secular state over a fundamentalist.

Even when the fundamentalist state is the USofA.
     someone rolled a grenade into a HQ tent 101st in Kuwait - (boxley) - (30)
         Link (for what it is worth). - (Brandioch) - (2)
             thanx -NT - (boxley)
             That says zip about a fragging -NT - (deSitter)
         fragging? sh*t! - (boxley) - (21)
             soldier in Custody -NT - (boxley) - (20)
                 Battlefield Treatment - (gdaustin) - (19)
                     Wrong, he should be court martialed and sentenced to death - (boxley)
                     Difference between WWII and Vietnam - (gdaustin) - (17)
                         Re: Difference between WWII and Vietnam - (deSitter) - (15)
                             Agree - (jbrabeck) - (3)
                                 Then VOTE in the next election - (gdaustin) - (2)
                                     Re: Then VOTE in the next election - (deSitter)
                                     You don't have a clue. - (Brandioch)
                             No, the UN didn't do it's job... - (gdaustin) - (10)
                                 Re: No, the UN didn't do it's job... - (deSitter) - (4)
                                     But what could we have done, except to depose Saddam? - (gdaustin) - (1)
                                         Why not leave him? - (Brandioch)
                                     Ok, DR, How do you do the "policy" part of this different? - (gdaustin) - (1)
                                         Ok, DR, How do you do the "policy" part of this different? - (deSitter)
                                 Why haven't they used nukes/chem/bio? - (Brandioch) - (4)
                                     If they had nukes.... - (ChrisR) - (3)
                                         At this point, I think it is. - (Brandioch) - (2)
                                             As to that last - it's worse than that. - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                 Mega-dittoes. - (Brandioch)
                         WTF? - (Brandioch)
         Sky News claims that it was an American Muslim soldier ... - (bluke) - (4)
             CNN did -NT - (altmann) - (3)
                 Not that I see - (bluke) - (2)
                     Twas mentioned in passing on TV - (altmann)
                     black american convert if that helps -NT - (boxley)

I liked Dragon Ball Z better; it didn't try as hard to be idiotic.
70 ms