IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Solution to nonfunctional ISA modem...
...install a Lucent PCI modem.

Damn, that was easy. Download the driver, dpkg -i "package" and it's working.

Gee, and they say Linux is hard! :)
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the wise cannot see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
New Muah.
So, ah... did you install Grub this time...?

;-)
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New /me smacks Admin...
Actually, it's all Groovy now. I haven't diddled with the install too much yet - that includes installing stuff like Grub. We're currently in negotiation about the best way to handle printing. My boss would like something VERY simple - File, Print, enter phone number. Sadly, I haven't found any howtos that work that way - the best method I've found so far is Karsten's link, which sends out an e-mail with a request to click on a link, then enter further data, before sending out the document.

Oh, and Hylafax slapped a password on itself without telling me. :)
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the wise cannot see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
New I use the Actiontec PCI Call Waiting modem . .
. . because I can also use it under OS/2. It costs more, but it's one of the few "real modems" you can get in PCI format.

The downside, at least for OS/2, is you can't have more than one of them (I expect that is just as true of WinModems). Fortunately, external moedems are still available when you need a bunch of modems.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
     Solution to nonfunctional ISA modem... - (inthane-chan) - (3)
         Muah. - (admin) - (1)
             /me smacks Admin... - (inthane-chan)
         I use the Actiontec PCI Call Waiting modem . . - (Andrew Grygus)

Damn! Bloody %^@&^@ anal-retentive Geo Booleishness!
34 ms