IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Next level below that could be
How about "Deterrence"--odd little low-budget film about a US-Iraq war in 2008, set entirely in a snowbound Colorado diner. The apparently ineffectual US president proves to made of sterner stuff--and rather a moral monster--in the course of the narrative. A couple of years later the same director did "The Contender," concerning character assassination during Senate confirmation of a female nominee to fill a vacant vice-presidency: the film unfortunately loses its nerve and goes faux-Capra at the end, but Jeff Bridges gives a glorious performance as the prez--half-Clinton, half-LBJ.

cordially,
"Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist."
New Didn't like Deterrence. (Spoilers)
The ending didn't jibe right with me - it was too much of a Deus Ex Machina, and bothered me quite a bit. The use of nuclear weapons to incinerate people should not be an action without consequence. I would have ended it having some bombs misfire, some bombs go off...
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the wise cannot see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
     Suggested rental during Code Red nights: - (Ashton) - (11)
         Eerily eptLRPD What were the skies like when you were young? -NT - (Ashton)
         ObLRPD again: - (admin) - (1)
             And my lrpd fortune read... - (ben_tilly)
         Much too painful to watch - (Silverlock)
         Next level below that could be - (lincoln) - (6)
             Sorry.. deem that one Waaay Down my list - (Ashton)
             "Mouse thet roared" is better -NT - (boxley)
             Re: Next level below that could be - (rcareaga) - (1)
                 Didn't like Deterrence. (Spoilers) - (inthane-chan)
             Heh - a bunch of my friends got hurt in that - (tuberculosis)
             Agree, but for a different reason - (drewk)

30,000 pounds.... of bananas!
172 ms