IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Mac Rumors
Some rumors I heard:

#1 Apple will buy out its contract from Motorola and either make their own PowerPC chips or have IBM do it for them.

#2 a new iMac, with a built in LCD screen instead of a picture tube, will be made in the next year. Or an iMac type device with an LCD screen.
"I can see if I want anything done right around here, I'll have to do it myself!"Moe Howard
New If Mac Rumor #2 is true...
it will be interesting to see the physical design of the iMac. Most of the volume of the current iMac is the CRT.

You have to give the Apple designers credit for some of their ideas.
Alex
New If it is true
even if they keep the same shape (a lot of air in the case?) it would make for a lighter iMac. It would be more portable. I am thinking more of a square LCD panel hooked into a smooth curve to a smaller box that the guts of the new iMac is stored into.
"I can see if I want anything done right around here, I'll have to do it myself!"Moe Howard
New Combine the Cube and the iMac
They could use the chimney design of the cube combined with the LCD screen in a iMac form factor. They'd have to find some way to put the power supply back in the case (unlike the Cube) however. And how much heat do LCD screens put off?
-- Chris Altmann
New Bingo!
If I were to guess what they are going to do...its combine the cube with the new screen on the ibook. A 14 inch widescreen would be affordable with the new tech and the resolution on those screens is amazing.

Can they hit a price point is the question.
[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]

Um...er...well...I have no choice!
New A $1299 iMac Cube with 15" LCD screen?
If they can do it, I'd like to see it happen.
New Screen won't be that large...
I'm betting on a wide screen version of the ibook screen. Smaller form factor with the same resolution as the larger screens.

It'll help them get keep lcd costs down for both models.

Wouldn't surprise me at all.

And if it runs OSX...why I might even have to get one :)
[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]

Um...er...well...I have no choice!
New Oh, they'll do it all right.
Flat screens are "so cool" and CRTs aren't. I'm sure Jobs has been peeing his pants to dump CRTs for years now.

[rubber_stamp]

The design will be "oh so cool" and "think different", but something very important will be sacrificed for "coolness" and sales will not go beyond the usual worshipers. A year later it will be discontinued and there will be rumors of something even cooler.

[/rubber_stamp]

[link|www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
     Mac Rumors - (orion) - (7)
         If Mac Rumor #2 is true... - (a6l6e6x) - (6)
             If it is true - (orion) - (4)
                 Combine the Cube and the iMac - (altmann) - (3)
                     Bingo! - (bepatient) - (2)
                         A $1299 iMac Cube with 15" LCD screen? - (orion) - (1)
                             Screen won't be that large... - (bepatient)
             Oh, they'll do it all right. - (Andrew Grygus)

We are gonna party all... night... LONG!
82 ms