IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Categorization is a dangerous thing
IME, people who categorize themselves as mainframe people usually only have knowledge and skill in that area with little or no desire to learn other things. On the other hand, "technologists" can and often do have mainframe skill along with knowledge and experience in a variety of other areas.

-Slugbug
If you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right.

-Henry Ford
New *Exclusive* categorization is dangerous IMO
Since it is possible to know many different topics, it is possible for a person to be categorized as knowing multiple topics. ;-)

Cheers,
Ben
"good ideas and bad code build communities, the other three combinations do not"
- [link|http://archives.real-time.com/pipermail/cocoon-devel/2000-October/003023.html|Stefano Mazzocchi]
     Can an Open-Source Database Threaten MS, Oracle, and IBM? - (lincoln) - (67)
         Nope. - (ChrisR) - (1)
             Agree entirely. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         Yes - (drewk)
         Free stripped down versions of other SQL databases - (orion)
         Only at the Low End of the Spectrum... - (gdaustin) - (58)
             Hmmm Glen... you looked at SAPDB? - (folkert) - (17)
                 Re: Hmmm Glen... you looked at SAPDB? - (gdaustin) - (2)
                     How expensive is the DB2 support? - (folkert) - (1)
                         Re: How expensive is the DB2 support? - (gdaustin)
                 Looked. Then look away - (broomberg) - (13)
                     Barry... Barry - (folkert) - (12)
                         Greg ... Greg ... Greg - (broomberg) - (11)
                             *chuckle* Boys, boys! - (imric)
                             BLAH...BLAH...BLAH... - (folkert) - (9)
                                 Ahh, an actual debate - (broomberg) - (7)
                                     Yes but you still missed it... - (folkert) - (6)
                                         No, I see it - (broomberg) - (3)
                                             Economy of SCALE... - (folkert) - (2)
                                                 This says it all - (broomberg) - (1)
                                                     If that is the only thing you read... - (folkert)
                                         Where are you getting $120K for 3 16way machines? - (gdaustin) - (1)
                                             He might be getting it - (broomberg)
                                 Re: BLAH...BLAH...BLAH... - (deSitter)
             Read _The Innovator's Dilemma_, please - (ben_tilly) - (38)
                 Don't agree - (broomberg) - (37)
                     We will see - (ben_tilly) - (36)
                         I agree with your time frame - (broomberg) - (35)
                             by 2010 I expect the network to be the database - (boxley) - (15)
                                 Wow, I'm gone a few hours - (gdaustin)
                                 Database Prognostication - (gdaustin)
                                 In the year 2525.... -NT - (Silverlock) - (4)
                                     One of my favorite songs that are never played anymore... -NT - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                         Beats me why it's not considered a "classic" -NT - (Silverlock) - (2)
                                             How sad - (deSitter)
                                             It is. - (bepatient)
                                 Re: by 2010 I expect the network to be the database - (tuberculosis) - (7)
                                     Bwahahahahahaha. "Jetsons". *snort* SO true, SO true. -NT - (tseliot)
                                     ya gotta think outside the box :-) - (boxley) - (5)
                                         So when this happens will OO be considered "legacy"? -NT - (Silverlock) - (3)
                                             what is an object? its a method of manipulating data - (boxley) - (2)
                                                 It's something that can move around self-contained -NT - (deSitter)
                                                 It's a thingy..____you silly. -NT - (Ashton)
                                         OK, Bryce: When did Bill give you his zIWT password to use? -NT - (CRConrad)
                             I think that I have a reasonable bet... - (ben_tilly) - (18)
                                 I don't trust "division" reports - (broomberg) - (17)
                                     We have a problem then - (ben_tilly) - (16)
                                         Cadiallacs vs. Hondas - (gdaustin) - (15)
                                             BARRY... this is the BINGO. - (folkert) - (14)
                                                 But it is not what you said - (broomberg) - (13)
                                                     No *YOU* can't because you won;t risk that neck of yours... - (folkert) - (12)
                                                         Sigh - (broomberg) - (11)
                                                             Translation - (ben_tilly) - (7)
                                                                 Huh? - (broomberg) - (6)
                                                                     Explanation... - (ben_tilly) - (5)
                                                                         I started on mainframes, too... - (gdaustin)
                                                                         Um.... - (slugbug) - (3)
                                                                             You know, use and like mainframes - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                                                                 Categorization is a dangerous thing - (slugbug) - (1)
                                                                                     *Exclusive* categorization is dangerous IMO - (ben_tilly)
                                                             Dont know your vendor but - (boxley) - (2)
                                                                 Small vendor - (broomberg) - (1)
                                                                     understood and sympathise -NT - (boxley)
             PGSQL Replication is available - (tuberculosis)
         I've been saying "five years" for about two years now - (kmself) - (3)
             OT: "supplant" is a synonym for "replace". - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                 What I want to know is... - (kmself) - (1)
                     Well, I used to confuse supplant with supplement. -NT - (a6l6e6x)

This is for Drew Khan. This is on God's reaching out to you from K Force.
81 ms