IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Legolas is a badass mother****.
At least, according to this guy [link|http://www.istad.org/tolkien/pilinn.html|here.]

Apparently, he's quite impressed by the portrayal of Legolas's archery skills. So am I, after reading this.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
New having a brotherinlaw who uses bows to hunt moose
I also was impressed at how real it looked. It aint easy pulling a 60 lb bow and hitting anything with it. Allen gets his moose every year but for me, I would have to chase it down and stab it to death with an arrow. Very nice disection of archery.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
\ufffdOmni Gaul Delenda est!\ufffd Ceasar
New Seen modern bows?
Check this out from Martin Archery - 300 fps release speed:

[image|http://www.martinarchery.com/bows/bowpics/cou2-l.jpg||||]

One of this summer's projects is to learn some archery from a bowhunting co-worker.

Good way to get a sore back - 30 practice draws.
-drl
New One of the great things about the movie
One of the great things about the two movies so far has been the detail put into the props to make them realistic. Much of the gear seen in the movies is real, or cast from real props. A lot of work went into making the gear both as true to Tolkien and as real as possible

This is one of those subtle things where a lot of movies cut corners. This is because few people can actually point to this sort of stuff and tell what is totally faked, but it ends up adding the air of unrealness about the movie.

Jay
New So many things were done well in that movie...
The complaints seem silly after a while.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New +5 Informative. :-)

Is it enough to love
Is it enough to breathe
Somebody rip my heart out
And leave me here to bleed

Is it enough to die
Somebody save my life
I'd rather be Anything but Ordinary
Please

-- "Anything but Ordinary" by Avril Lavigne.

Legolas is a badass mother****. - (inthane-chan) - (5)
         having a brotherinlaw who uses bows to hunt moose - (boxley) - (1)
             Seen modern bows? - (deSitter)
         One of the great things about the movie - (JayMehaffey)
         So many things were done well in that movie... - (admin) - (1)
             +5 Informative. :-) -NT - (static)

Today’s program has been sponsored by the physical act of gulping. For thousands of years, gulping has been there for human beings when they needed an expressive gesture of the throat. Whether you want to indicate nervousness about an upcoming test or appointment, fear of the Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives in Your Home, or you just want to ingest milk faster than with regular swallowing, gulping is the way to go! Forget sweating, never mind shivering! Sneezing? Ugh! When you think physical actions, think gulping! Gulp now and receive a complimentary prize package, which will be conveniently buried in an unmarked spot somewhere in the Scrublands. Find it, and it’s yours!
47 ms