IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Speaking on a related topic...
Have you guys figured out what happens when your sequence numbers run out?

You know what I am talking about...

Cheers,
Ben
"good ideas and bad code build communities, the other three combinations do not"
- [link|http://archives.real-time.com/pipermail/cocoon-devel/2000-October/003023.html|Stefano Mazzocchi]
New Yup: We unplug the HP3000s
We just decided Tuesday that we really can survive today if we just unplugged them. A couple of interfaces would go away, and some of the automation. So it would be a bit more work for both users and IT people but it would be do-able.

It turns out the HP3000s just shuttle all the data into Great Plains anyway. So "writing the accounting package" really just means writing the rules to automatically trigger input to Great Plains based on current status of the order, rather than relying on users to know that they have to cut an invoice.

We'll see.
===
Microsoft offers them the one thing most business people will pay any price for - the ability to say "we had no choice - everyone's doing it that way." -- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=38978|Andrew Grygus]
New Better than you thought, huh?
Hope it works that well in practice. :-)

Cheers,
Ben
"good ideas and bad code build communities, the other three combinations do not"
- [link|http://archives.real-time.com/pipermail/cocoon-devel/2000-October/003023.html|Stefano Mazzocchi]
     Saying "I told you so" isn't nearly so satisfying ... - (drewk) - (34)
         My sympathies, Drew. - (a6l6e6x) - (24)
             What we came up with - (drewk) - (23)
                 VC++ or not, your boss is a moron. Get the heck outta there! -NT - (CRConrad)
                 Stupid. - (admin) - (21)
                     Oh, and ... - (drewk) - (20)
                         Actually that's how we work here. - (admin) - (19)
                             Would probably work here, too - (drewk) - (1)
                                 Gotcha. - (admin)
                             Same here - (jb4) - (16)
                                 the one we used in Siemens did - (boxley)
                                 That's the 'C' in CVS - (drewk) - (12)
                                     Impossible in some situations. - (admin) - (11)
                                         must be annoying to work for a sane/logical group :-) -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                                             Hee hee hee. - (admin) - (2)
                                                 Is your system available/useful to anyone else? - (drewk) - (1)
                                                     Available? I don't know? Useful? Partially. - (admin)
                                         I just wonder... - (Arkadiy) - (1)
                                             I've been here 1.5 years... - (admin)
                                         Possible in more situations than most would think - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                                             Here's the issue: - (admin) - (3)
                                                 That behaviour issue is addressible - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                                     That behaviour issue is addressible - in some orgs. - (admin) - (1)
                                                         I'm not trying to convince you, honest - (ben_tilly)
                                 That's how we use CVS - (Arkadiy)
                                 Same now, used to be better - (gdaustin)
         I work solo on most projects... - (ChrisR) - (4)
             I think that's an underlying issue here - (drewk) - (3)
                 Dead code removal is a vital function. - (admin) - (2)
                     Agreed - (ChrisR) - (1)
                         We have both, would you like some of ours? -NT - (drewk)
         Speaking on a related topic... - (ben_tilly) - (2)
             Yup: We unplug the HP3000s - (drewk) - (1)
                 Better than you thought, huh? - (ben_tilly)
         Prototype folder - (orion)

No, m'lord.
107 ms