IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New One result - planned or not?
Because the DoJ's statement removes the condition Microsoft said they would not tolerate even being on the table, the Wall Street Journel reports Microsoft is now working on a proposal for settlement.

If the DoJ felt they would have to declare their intentions anyway by the 14th (joint proposal) or the 21st (separate proposals if no agreement by the 14th), then it could be a strategy to smoke out Microsoft's bargaining position. Hard to say at this point.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Snort (MIcrosoft's position)
Given their post-trial behavior, you actually think they'd put anything substantive on the table? They're moving heaven and earth to get XP out before any conditions can possibly be imposed - that says it all to me.
French Zombies are zapping me with lasers!
New Diplomacy at work...
Do you think the DOJ might be able to change their mind? Like, if the Microsoft proposal settlement is worthless, could they say "Okay, that was an interesting exercise. We withdraw from settlement and re-recommend a breakup remedy. Into 6 pieces."?

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New The DOJ commits on the 21st . . but . . .
. . "Your honor, after discovery we find we were badly mislead when we submitted our plan to settle this case. The evidence shows we must now resubmit to align our case with the reality we have revealed in this court.

Justice has borrowed an aircraft carrier and a balistic misile submarine from our sister organization, the Department of Defense, for use in expediting the breakup of Microsoft, but deploying it would be messy and burdensome to the taxpayer, especially in view that an environmental impact statement would be required.

Consequently, we hereby submit a new plan to break Microsoft into operating units of 24 persons or less. We feel this is quite acceptable as an alternative, considering our primary plan would result in operating units of significantly less than 1 person each".
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New The 'diminished capacity' alternative
Your Honor,

May we preface our remarks by directing your attention to the indexed e-mails and other documents - submitted as evidence in the perpetrators' own words, of complicity in a conspiracy of long standing.

We find that the principles, including but not limited to Messrs. Gates and Ballmer, suffer genetic defects making their socialization impossible. Nothing they or the other named lietenants might agree to - would make any slightest alteration in their now ritualistic automatic behavior.

We propose they be barred from involvement in any way, via any known or yet-to-be developed means of communication: in any profit- or power- making activities (in the broadest possible connotations of both words). This after paying in cash and liquid assets, the proposed fine - determined as a token payment for the individually wasted time of repairing intentionally crippled products. (This sum to be distributed worldwide in approximately ten million payments of $1000 each; some persons may qualify for more than one such payment)

A further assessment is aimed to compensate the survivors of Mr. Ed Curry and listed others: those whose property was appropriated for no payment at all. It is stipulated that the initial payments are to be funded by reducing the net worth of each of the 20 named principles to 5% of each's present assessed value; balance to be paid from general Corporate funds.

Note please, our recommended oversight measures re the next operators of this dysfunctional business.

The named co-conspirators are to wear an approved GPS and vox-microphone equipped transceiver at all times, so that their compliance with the 'non-involvement' clause may be enforced OR any one, or all of the perpetrators may surrender selves for confinement (in which case the attachments need not be installed).

We recommend that the monitoring continue for 10 years, and that the penalties for any further illegal acivities discovered - shall result in confinement in an appropriately electronics-free containment. Finally: defendant Gates may never again utter the word innovation, while in the presence of any other human being, nor whine audibly except in presence of a mate.

We waive the other 97 provisions, in a spirit of generosity - but reserve the option of imposing these, should the perpetrators be found to have broken their parole agreement.

US DOJ
New Brilliant. Just brilliant.
Now to get the courts to agree...

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New *blush*... via concentration from afar
Praying is OK too; any sufficiently sincere belief has some consequences in the er 'collective consciousness' (it sounds right - want 'proofs? try math).

Remember that quote, somebody posted months ago re a judge's written Opinion.. in a case involving "maritime law" - and an obvious insurance scam? He laid it out re the plaintiff and his counsel - wittily! Twas glorious.

So... Pure Truth sometimes can win over bizness AND newspeak!

Have Faith! ;-)

(Hey - JC was OK - it's just many of his followers.. that are one Big PITA)
New Are you talking about Justice Kent?
[link|http://www.nationalreview.com/document/document073001.shtml|Judgements like this] are certainly very refreshing.
That no man should scruple, or hesitate a moment to use arms in defense of so valuable a blessing [as freedom], on which all the good and evil of life depends, is clearly my opinion; yet arms ... should be the last resource. - George Washington
New Exactamente! thanks; bookmarked
I'll remember this one.. if it can happen once -

(Justice Kent:Clark Kent :: Superjudge! - there, maybe I can remember his name, too)

A.
     Rep. Conyers to DOJ, "WTF?" - (Silverlock) - (10)
         Visiting a Microsoft Office - (mmoffitt)
         One result - planned or not? - (Andrew Grygus) - (8)
             Snort (MIcrosoft's position) - (wharris2)
             Diplomacy at work... - (static) - (6)
                 The DOJ commits on the 21st . . but . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                     The 'diminished capacity' alternative - (Ashton) - (4)
                         Brilliant. Just brilliant. - (static) - (3)
                             *blush*... via concentration from afar - (Ashton) - (2)
                                 Are you talking about Justice Kent? - (wharris2) - (1)
                                     Exactamente! thanks; bookmarked - (Ashton)

Must be what keeps your hair up.
81 ms