IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New wether it was the frame IT department or uncaring
non technical budget drones it was small departments trying to find a better way to do their jobs and bought pc's off budget that drove the revolution. It will be those folks who doom the pc revolution to a backwater,
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Harkening back
to my discussions with Bob, if those departments want those things, they must allocate part of thier own budget to IT or support them wholly by themslves - with NO support FROM IT.

I have always been a proponent of heterogenous environments with the tools that get the work done, rather than homogenous 1-size-fits-all monolithic 'solutions'. One must recognize that there ARE other concerns with departments bypassing IT/IS, however...

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.
New you call those discussions? :-)
remember them fondly, even posted (I think). I enjoyed Bob's stuff and responses more than most of the other stuff.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New *smile*

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.
     Big Misconception by a lot of IT staffers - (boxley) - (45)
         Re: Big Misconception by a lot of IT staffers - (cwbrenn)
         Big difference between helpdesk and developers -NT - (Arkadiy) - (2)
             Well if you want to be helpdesk all your life :-) - (boxley) - (1)
                 People who have to unscrew users's machines are helpdesk -NT - (Arkadiy)
         Point to the example - (broomberg) - (7)
             No I was responding to another post - (boxley) - (6)
                 Remembering an Operations Research professor saying.. - (a6l6e6x) - (5)
                     Patently untrue. - (tseliot)
                     You are being paid to provide a professional opinion - (boxley)
                     This is true - (orion)
                     Uh huh - like this - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                         Sounds like the lawfirm I had worked at - (orion)
         This attitude of the Frame folks? - (imric) - (32)
             As I have never worked in a Frame shop - (boxley) - (17)
                 *sigh* resistance to change - (imric) - (16)
                     Sorry now I can speak from personal experience - (boxley) - (15)
                         LINUX DOESNT #@$%& WORK NEVER HAS WORKED AND WONT GO IN HERE - (imric) - (14)
                             wether it was the frame IT department or uncaring - (boxley) - (3)
                                 Harkening back - (imric) - (2)
                                     you call those discussions? :-) - (boxley) - (1)
                                         *smile* -NT - (imric)
                             Also why is "change management" a dicipline all by itself? - (boxley) - (9)
                                 Dunno. Because people suck at it? - (tseliot) - (8)
                                     Management only needs to be changed when it is bad - (orion) - (7)
                                         Not sure what that has to do with my point. - (tseliot) - (6)
                                             We have one woman specifically to handle that. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                                 When did you join my company? - (drewk)
                                             Sorry my mistake - (orion) - (3)
                                                 You've forgotten that entire thread in 'flame' already. -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                     I said I couldn't remember it alll - (orion)
                                                 "Managing" the process of change - (Arkadiy)
             Cost effective, not toys! - (broomberg) - (10)
                 Who said anything about toys? - (imric) - (8)
                     He said *most* MF programmers. - (static)
                     You did. - (broomberg) - (6)
                         Well - that stereotype IS a hot button, with me. - (imric) - (5)
                             Do you consider the AS400 a MF? - (broomberg) - (4)
                                 Nah - a midrange. - (imric) - (3)
                                     Skewed for sure - (broomberg) - (2)
                                         Oh, you can have it... - (imric) - (1)
                                             RPG isn't that bad - (broomberg)
                 the only current interface with framers was my last gig - (boxley)
             Glass Room People then - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                 why didnt they shift to the prime boxen? - (boxley) - (1)
                     Prime had just folded - (tuberculosis)

Most of what passes for 'humor' in Murica '02.
273 ms