In this case, there are some things which require 'doz, and I've only\r\ngot the one system handy. Well...maybe. Not that I don't have a couple\r\nof Knoppix disks on me at any given time.

\r\n\r\n

If the quantity of disks were smaller, I could probably go with this.\r\nIssue is that there's about 100, and I couldn't commandeer the system\r\nfor that period of time. There's also the slight problem that the local\r\nFS is NTFS, meaning I can't write the copy to the local filesystem from\r\nwithin Knoppix. Should be able to smbmount one of the fileservers\r\nthough.

\r\n\r\n

Given that the naming scheme of the files I'm copying appears to be\r\n$RANDOM (this is monthly dumps of state data, three files per month, for\r\nthree different data sources)... Sometimes it's three files in the root\r\nCDROM directory, sometimes there's a directory with the file in it.\r\nNames vary across the map.... Sometimes different datasets result in\r\nthe same filenames, which was an issue I turned up late yesterday. So\r\nI'll have to read in a number of datasets a second time. Possibly using\r\nKnoppix, gotta play with that.

\r\n\r\n