Welcome to IWETHEY!

New mideast solution airdrop hustler or woodies for martyers
[link|http://www.jpost.com/Editions/2001/09/06/Columns/Columns.34250.html|earl]

In conclusion, whether or not the remarks on Sixty
Minutes are a mistranslation isn't the point. The point is
this: Horny Arab teenagers are being convinced the way
to sex in the puritanical Arab world (where fathers
routinely murder daughters who are even suspected of
losing their virginity), is through hate-filled mass murders.
Too bad you missed that, CNN, BBC.
Takes away from the "nobility" of the "sacrifice," huh?

Now all we have to do is get the JAPS to put out accross the green line:) (duck and pull mancover over head)
thanx,
bill
why did god give us a talleywhacker and a trigger finger if he didnt want us to use them?
Randy Wayne White
New Very interesting.
And certainly something I had never considered.

And yet I should have: there's a sci-fi/fantasy novel I rather like called "Raising The Stones" by Sheri Tepper. In it, there is a repressive religion that insists on slavery of other sentient races and severe curtailment of rights for women. There are several scenes which show just how possible and how it is possible for adherants to be conditioned that a particular action or combination of actions is sexually stimulating or even gratifying. In this book, it was whipping of slaves and chanting a key piece of the oppression. (Rest assured, the monsters perpetrating this get their comeuppance by the end of this particualar tale... :-)

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New Probably off topic, but a pity about Tepper
Her first books were enjoyable fantasies, nice to read.

But everything she's written in the past ten years has been "downtrodden oppressed females, inhuman dumb or plain stupid male brutes". I can take only so much of that before I shelf her permanently. I don't argue with the place of such books; but for *every* damn book she's written for years to have essentially the same underlying "men damn rotten bad, women good" theme? Pfah.
French Zombies are zapping me with lasers!
New That's one reason I don't read her very often.
I also don't think she's as disciplined as she looks. "The True Game" series started off with some interesting premises and scope for some truly epic stuff, but it got diluted by later books as Tepper found herself in a few corners. Fortunately, she seemed to have realized what was happening and the three Mavin
books were more consistent.

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New We already knew that there isn't enough blood supply in the
male to operate both the mind and the penis, at once. Now we see that there isn't enough blood to operate just the mind alone:

if it's thinking about sex and religion at the same time.

It's understandable that a boy may be brainwashed into any activity whatsoever - what's surprising about this particular one?

What is less understandable is that the Imams, Ayatollahs and Falwells aren't in jails - while those who smoke marijuana are: and no one has been known to commit a massacre after smoking marijuana, that I've heard.

Yep, just more evidence that we're fucked as a species. We've always got a God around, to blame for the crap which can't be justified any other way - including next, the nukes. Two minutes to launch: starting any next *now*. (That's not a 'maybe' - the world is still hostage to that other acronym, M.A.D. every second. It just doesn't make the news - the species accepts it. Evidently welcomes it - as it will take only one to commence the exchange.)

The species is fond of its TLAs though - ya gotta Love

Mutually. Assured. Destruction.

.. as its epitaph, along with, They did it for God's Love and 70 virgins: That's how Fucked they were!
New another fallacy bites the dust, donja follow the News?
Kingston Jamaica is a war zone, and they smoke fatties like I smoke marlboro's. If you are predisposed to violence maryjane just makes you a little slower while you create the mayhem.
thanx,
bill
why did god give us a talleywhacker and a trigger finger if he didnt want us to use them?
Randy Wayne White
New Not a "holy war", but a "woody war".
Now THAT makes sense. Appeal to the most powerful force in your young army: The Yanker!
             Probably off topic, but a pity about Tepper - (wharris2) - (1)
                 That's one reason I don't read her very often. - (static)
         We already knew that there isn't enough blood supply in the - (Ashton) - (1)
             another fallacy bites the dust, donja follow the News? - (boxley)
         Not a "holy war", but a "woody war". - (tablizer)

Their loathing for him is palpable. It can be palped without effort.
80 ms