IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New That is "concrete" to you?
Powell presented concrete intelligence (satellite, voice intercept, manint) yesterday from a variety of sources that a man in a far off land is clearly plotting harm to us and our allies...
This same man is allowing UN inspectors to go wherever they want to look for those supposed systems.

YET, the left (anti-republican) is insisting that we "can't trust our intelligence"....
Maybe the "left" is saying that.

I'm not hearing it.

What I'm hearing is "we can't trust your interpretation of those reports because you've mis-stated them in the past to suit your agenda to invade".

Is this a seaming contradiction to anyone but me.
Nope. Just to you.

Are your heads so far up your collective asses that you think that someone wouldn't notice?
Notice what? That Saddam has NOT attacked anyone since the Gulf War?

These folks are clearly anti-government, no matter where the government currently stands, IMHO.
Yeah. THOSE kind of people don't think. THOSE kind of people don't have valid viewpoints. THOSE kind of people.....

It's quite obvious from just a glance at this board.
THOSE kind of people post on this board.

It's time to call a spade a spade and move on.
It's been real. It's been fun.

Even when they are friends, it is pointless to debate with this type of mentality or you will be called names like chicken hawk, mindless patriot, etc...
I do believe that "chicken hawk" has a valid definition at this point. If you suit that definition, why do you have a problem with the term?

What is obvious to me is that it is pointless to debate with those who are not swayable because of their own ethos...
And to end that rant.......

What set of circumstances would convince you that Saddam does NOT possess what you fear he possesses? ........... Nothing would convince you of that.

What set of circumstances would convince the "left" on this board that Saddam DOES possess what you fear he possesses? ...... Physical evidence discovered by the inspectors.

So, who is it that is not "swayable"?

It's always the OTHER people who have the problem.
It's always THEM that won't see the "evidence".

Go to a UFO convention.
Talk to the people there.
They talk about how those OTHER people are ignoring the "concrete evidence".
They talk about how everyone just does not WANT to see the "truth".

Instead of crying about it, how about looking at what THEY would require to "prove" it to them.

No, trying to see their point-of-view requires too much work.
They're so blind.
It's better to just turn on the radio and listen to people who KNOW what the TRUTH is.
Mega-dittoes Rush.
New What is concrete to me is
that whatever this current government will be for, you will be against. Using no logic, no basis for logic. What is also clear is that it is pointless to debate with folks like you. You are starting every debate that I have read with presumptions such as "because this is all about the oil", blah blah blah... Because Bush is a ruthless greedy bastard, blah blah blah. I agree with many of the points you make, but your premises give me problems most of the time.

The intelligence that I saw yesterday made clear to me that Iraq is in violation of UN mandates. Clearly. You have no rational debate (you can and probably will try :-( ) but it will end up being merely a rant like "because we can't trust our intelligence and because it is all about the oil, blah, blah, blah.

What I saw yesterday was hard intel that does enough to further this administrations clearly defined strategy. This has been clearly stated as the last chance for Iraq by this administration for the last two months. The UN gave them 11 years to comply and they haven't with the terms of their surrender. This administration has also clearly stated they will "go it alone" if need be and hinted that the UN is irrelevent. Which I firmly believe is true (both that the US will go it alone* and that the UN has proven to be impotent and irrelevent). What don't you trust about this government? They do what they say...

Because of the types of MOS's they are calling up now, this war will proceed in approximately 2 weeks, with or without you, and our soldiers will need our support and not the feel good happy hippy shit from Viet Nam era (that slowly killed my brother), it's about time that you either accept that you are anti-government (notice, I did not say anti-American... I am anti-American myself :-) ) and give it a rest or prepare yourself for a very uncomfortable next couple of months.

You are forced to argue your heart... I trust the satellite photos a bit more than your heart.

* Alone used to mean 1, just like unilaterally...
Just a few thoughts,

Screamer

Living is easy with eyes closed
misunderstanding all you see,
it's getting hard to be someone but it all works out
it doesn't matter much to me

J. Lennon - Strawberry Fields Forever
New Can't argue with logic like that.
Like I said, there's NOTHING that will convince you that Saddam does NOT have chemical weapons.

It will only take ONE inspector finding ONE chemical weapon to convince me.

Yet you claim that I'm the one that doesn't understand logic.

You have no rational debate (you can and probably will try :-( ) but it will end up being merely a rant like "because we can't trust our intelligence and because it is all about the oil, blah, blah, blah.
I don't believe in alien abduction. There's no physical evidence.
I don't believe in Bigfoot. There's no physical evidence.
I don't believe in the Loch Ness Monster. There's no physical evidence.
etc.
I don't believe the "evidence" presented because it has not been able to provide the inspectors with the location of physical evidence.

Note the recurring theme of "physical evidence".

What I saw yesterday was hard intel that does enough to further this administrations clearly defined strategy.
Yep. To you it was. Just like "abductees".

This has been clearly stated as the last chance for Iraq by this administration for the last two months.
And you're confusing the evidence with the US's drive for war. They aren't the same.

The UN gave them 11 years to comply and they haven't with the terms of their surrender.
Yep, just like the abductee. You're all over the map with your "facts" and how they "support" each other.

Saddam is ready to attack us and our allies because he hasn't complied with the terms of surrender in the last 11 years.

Again, there's no way to convince you. You already KNOW the TRUTH.

There is a way to convince me. Simply provide physical evidence.

Yet I'm the one who is irrational.

This administration has also clearly stated they will "go it alone" if need be and hinted that the UN is irrelevent.
Again, you confuse the US's drive for war with evidence.

Which I firmly believe is true (both that the US will go it alone* and that the UN has proven to be impotent and irrelevent).
Again, you confuse the US's drive for war with evidence.

What don't you trust about this government? They do what they say...
Really? I think you should refer back to Bush' campaigning. Reduce government. No world police force. etc. Even Colin has been shown to have lied.

Because of the types of MOS's they are calling up now, this war will proceed in approximately 2 weeks, with or without you, and our soldiers will need our support and not the feel good happy hippy shit from Viet Nam era (that slowly killed my brother), it's about time that you either accept that you are anti-government (notice, I did not say anti-American... I am anti-American myself :-) ) and give it a rest or prepare yourself for a very uncomfortable next couple of months.
What
The
Fuck
?

I'm sure that made some sense to you.

Why would I be uncomfortable for the "next couple of months"? I'm not over there.
New Bull****
You of all people here have only ever put forward a case that argues

"The world is going to change & America is forcing those changes & shit happens"

You have made the pathetic case (like Marlowe) that people who don't agree with you are 'Left' or some other label, when in fact what I see here are a lot of individuals with strong opinions who appear to vote across the board. You can accuse individuals of specific antics (like me accusing Marlowe of being a Rabid Propagandist) but to label all who disagree with your wonderful view is cowardly and intellectually dishonest.

You have *not* as far as I can tell researched any of the various points that have cropped up over the months - you seem to wait until you think it is time to step in and pontificate without dealing with specifics. Brandi took the time to refute you as did those others in this thread, but rather than show where they are wrong you attempt to brush all their responses aside. I am calling you a debating coward.

The only difference I see between you & Marlowe is that Marlowe shows no sign of any brains whereas you do, but you don't appear to be using them on on these matters.

Doug Marker
Expand Edited by dmarker Feb. 6, 2003, 06:53:01 PM EST
New Re: What is concrete to me is [*your* heart]
You are forced to argue your heart... I trust the satellite photos a bit more than your heart.
Hardly is it only an emotional argument - but it cannot be less than also an emotional argument - or it is the sophistry and fantasy of Good Guy/Bad Guy digital think. Again.

Pity, I thought you could be a contender.

There is a consistency in the associations of this mediocrity in charge, and especially among the influential ones possessed of the guile to orchestrate the activities in Florida, as details have emerged since. Those events which culminated in 5 members of the USSC reversing the principles which they had mouthed since their appointment to the bench, enabled the now irrefutable pattern of disregard for Constitutional principles, since:

The regular promulgations from this cabal - insult the intelligence of even ept children. Along with all this recent history you appear also to miss the meta-irony of our country being the largest producer and purveyor of WMDs in the history of this or any planet we know of!

So now.. you will throw in the towel of the logic of proving a negative and call it Reason: that these telephoto pictures indicate the facts which - you suggest we simply cannot substantiate by finding

A Single Example.

(We dare not risk the life of an inspector to go.. ?wherever it is? we suppose these caches of wmd-things are so expertly hidden. But it's OK if we don't actually find one of them: the pictures show intent.)

So in the end and most cynically... you will acquiesce to our launching - alone and unsupported by other reasonable people who inhabit this planet - a First Strike, and one whose tactics have already been 'leaked'. Because We Can. It is to involve a massive barrage of those famous 'surgical strike' weapons. You know - the ones which never produce collateral damage, that fav euphemism for heaped dead burned bodies. But not Murican bodies. Less important brownish bodies.

Because -?- "11 years is long enough". Never mind that for those 11 years, this tyrant has confined his pulling of wings off flies to: only local flies. Never mind that we joined the rest of 'the civilized world' inertly watching the Hutu/Tutsi massacre, E. Timor -- and that this Admin has performed not One Single Useful action re the Israel/Palestine stalemate, the actual source of ME discontent beyond all others!
(Not even an effete effort at *saying* anything remotely sentient.)

Very well, suspend your disbelief: imagine that the disinformation and other dissembling of this rogue Administration has been: Truth. If really you can.

But you may stuff your labels of 'Left' (or the unstated 'Right') - these are merely the tired code words of all those who imagine that there is One Truth and then there are: the ignorant savages who Will Not See. Save that for a typ jr. high audience, one who cannot ID WTF G\ufffdbbels? or 'McCarthy' might have been, and why should they care. Save it for those who have no idea how massive propaganda actually works, on the inattentive and the historically ignorant.

Re 9/11 you appear to elide the fact of that symbol particularly representing: the 1% who rule this country and dominate world allocation of resources; a group whose subsidized legislators have for decades supported Saddam-like troglodytes on behalf of United Fruit and their ilk.

You are forgetting Chile, Nicaragua, El Salvador and our training schools for the police forces used against those populations. (We stole Hawaii from its people in an earlier, more bucolic era. In the end we imprisoned their Queen). People are beginning to know this stuff, y'know?

This ignorant savage sees next: a backlash of hatred, expressed by vengeful actions against 'US' and all who sail in her, not remotely imagined yet! <3000 dead in a destroyed symbol of our world hegemony, you say? That justifies our first-ever First Strike - done against the world opinion (of even the citizens of UK, if not their PM. Yet.) Because we could not find and arrest the criminal cabal who inflicted this outrage, despite the bellicose boasting of our illegitimate President, 'elected' by fewer than half of the half who bothered to vote at all!

You think Iraq will be the Only next little war ???

Just Another Iggerant Savage for Proust and against Naked Guile
Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. -- Blaise Pascal
     I'd like to go back a few months/years... - (screamer) - (18)
         whose debating? I just like poking em with sharp sticks - (boxley)
         apples/oranges - (Silverlock) - (8)
             What? - (screamer) - (7)
                 The part you don't understand. - (Brandioch) - (2)
                     Why... - (screamer) - (1)
                         Your Reality Check came back NSF. - (Brandioch)
                 I notice the point you ignored - (Silverlock) - (3)
                     actually goes back to 1917 - (boxley)
                     The common thread I see in all of your links... - (screamer) - (1)
                         Pardon me? - (Silverlock)
         Dude...great use of a Beatles quote! - (bepatient) - (2)
             See BP? If you would've use a Beatles quote, too, - (bbronson) - (1)
                 *sputter* *cough* -NT - (bepatient)
         That is "concrete" to you? - (Brandioch) - (4)
             What is concrete to me is - (screamer) - (3)
                 Can't argue with logic like that. - (Brandioch)
                 Bull**** - (dmarker)
                 Re: What is concrete to me is [*your* heart] - (Ashton)

Now, would I trow dis lit match in if my friend Muggsy were in dere?
60 ms