IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Falling more in love with her every day.
[link|http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/suncommentary/la-oe-ian2feb02,0,2630989.story?coll=la%2Dheadlines%2Dsuncomment|Janis Ian, that is.]
I've been a recording artist for nearly 40 years, with top-selling songs such as "Society's Child," "At Seventeen" and "Jesse." Six months ago, I began offering free downloads of my songs on my Web site. Thousands of people have downloaded my music since then -- and they're not trying to steal. They're just looking for music they can no longer find on the tight playlists of their local radio stations.

That's how many artists gain new listeners these days -- through the Internet.

After I first posted downloadable music, my merchandise sales went up 300%. They're still double what they were before the MP3s went online.
What I've been telling them all along.

Crap quality 128k ripped tunes are NOT taking sales away. Was on Kazaa over the weekend and bounced around some pop tunes...it was hard to even find a 128 rip..most were even worse quality. Sorry...listening to that through even crap walkman headphones is >painful<...worse than AM radio.

The reason I'm not buying...is because they're not selling anything that I want (one) and when they do they're charging to damned much (2).
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New The two best reasons not to buy records:
The reason I'm not buying...is because they're not selling anything that I want (one) and when they do they're charging to damned much (2).

That says it all! If only Hillary Rosen were listening!
jb4
"They lead. They don't manage. The carrot always wins over the stick. Ask your horse. You can lead your horse to water, but you can't manage him to drink."
Richard Kerr, United Technologies Corporation, 1990
     Falling more in love with her every day. - (bepatient) - (1)
         The two best reasons not to buy records: - (jb4)

Beware of things that go blimp in the night...
52 ms