IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Absolutely...
The reference that I was alluding to came from our exchange a few weeks ago in [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=74445|http://z.iwethey.org...w?contentid=74445] .

In that exchange I talked about America being an extension of the British Empire. I specifically was making reference to the We made quite a mess all over the world... post where I say...

To answer one more anticipated question, yes, there are some really smart sons of bitches that "think that way" in the intelligence agencies and gov think tanks. And yes, I believe that the British (by proxie) Empire is continued through US foreign policy. I've even noticed that foreign press is even no longer including the words "and Great Britian" after "the US"... It does kind of negate the expression "the US and UK, unilaterally decided etc."

I was laughing over the semantics.

[link|http://www.phoenix5.org/glossary/unilateral.html|http://www.phoenix5....y/unilateral.html]

How the hell can Europe (to which Great Britain is a member, if I'm not mistaken) claim that the US is acting unilaterally in invading Iraq?

The one thing that bothers me most about this whole exercise is that Israel is like the 900 lb gorilla in the room that noone wants to mention. "The world believes that Iraq poses no threat to the US, it's all about controlling the oil fields". Iraq poses a hell of a threat to our most strategic ally in the region, not to mention that all of their neighbors would like to see them gone... If we are to believe the Arab world, the "reason" that terrorism and hatred of the US exists is because of our pro-Israeli stance.

But that's an entirely different topic. I was LMAO that the US/Brittain are now one entity.
Just a few thoughts,

Screamer

Living is easy with eyes closed
misunderstanding all you see,
it's getting hard to be someone but it all works out
it doesn't matter much to me

J. Lennon - Strawberry Fields Forever
New Thanks for the clarification ...

now I understand what you were intending to communicate.

Re Unilateral, the press of the world has placed the term into common usage and within a meaningful context - I don't believe *anyone* really has illusions about the role of the US vs the role of UK. It is a fact that both Blair (UK) and Howard (Aus) have stated in their respective parliments that they **WILL** only go into Iraq with US, if UN gives mandate (just what that really means is open to your own interpretation - I know what I believe it means vs what they are both really thinking).

Australia's reward is understood - an OTA. We Aussies at times think of ourselves as another state of the US and for good reason and most are happy to do so. I certainly do - whan I am in Calif & Texas I feel 100% at home.

But I believe the word Unilateral is being used acceptably and accurately. I think the burden of proof is on you to prove otherwise.

Cheers

Doug Marker

Bush's 'Final Solution' -Unilateral action as Europe says no - (dmarker) - (24)
         Schroder? WTF cares about that little adolf wannabe - (boxley) - (10)
             Soo vaht haf yoo to sae about alt der other Sec Cncl membs ? - (dmarker) - (7)
                 china sells what to whom - (boxley) - (6)
                     No! Whats your point ??? -NT - (dmarker) - (5)
                         China has been selling antiaircraft gear to Iraq - (boxley) - (4)
                             Bill - what is wrong with wanting to pay for the oil ? - (dmarker) - (3)
                                 no join in. my point is that financial gains is not only - (boxley) - (2)
                                     LOL... give Saddam his own nuke... - (static)
                                     Actually, we sorta already did, didn't we? - (jb4)
             Dangerously close to a Godwin violation there, Box.. -NT - (jb4) - (1)
                 cant invoke godwin if a german is in the post :-) (new thread) - (boxley)
         LMAO... - (screamer) - (12)
             State or colony? - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 sputter - (deSitter)
             Can we 1st agree what the debate is ... - (dmarker) - (9)
                 why should we listen to europe when the fscking mess - (boxley) - (6)
                     Bill, I know where you stand & what u believe - these Qs - (dmarker)
                     Re: why should we listen to europe when the fscking mess - (deSitter) - (4)
                         Re: why should we listen to europe when the fscking mess - (rcareaga) - (2)
                             but the ruling Junta are yankee carpetbaggers -NT - (boxley)
                             Look.. they're just sleeping - (Ashton)
                         And strawmen are the lifeblood of IE-loving deSitters - (marlowe)
                 Absolutely... - (screamer) - (1)
                     Thanks for the clarification ... - (dmarker)

RESISTANCE IS USELESS!
45 ms