IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Some clarification.
WPS is often confused with PM. If you were learning to spit out text etc. in early OS/2, you were doing PM. WPS arrived well after PM was developed.
-drl
New Re: Some clarification.
You are correct in that, I recall Presentation Manager with an old copy of OS/2, I cannot remember if it was 1.3 or 2.0 that used it. In a College Computer Lab we ran for students to use, we had some PS/2 Machines running IBM's OS/2. I even did a report on it, saying how much better than Windows it was, and that it was the better choice. Of course I didn't take into account the marketing power of Microsoft at the time, my mistake. I even did another report on how the Amiga was better than the PC or the Macintosh. It was for a Systems Analysis class.

WPS came later, because my memory is a little fuzzy with OS/2 2.0 and 3.0, I worked with it at another company later, but we converted the systems from OS/2 to DOS/Windows 3.1 as per the request of the VP of IS. Once Warp 3.0 came out, we were beta testing Windows 95, I remember it was called Chicago, and the Warp 3.0 Beta said "Arrive in Chicago a little sooner than expected", stating that it was the better product.

But when Management favors Microsoft products, over other products, what can you do?

[link|http://pub75.ezboard.com/bantiiwethey|
New and improved, Chicken Delvits!]
     IBM to discontinue sales of OS/2 - (Andrew Grygus) - (32)
         LOL - (cwbrenn) - (8)
             ...? - (admin) - (7)
                 eCS = eComStation - (SpiceWare) - (6)
                     Odd. - (admin) - (5)
                         never read them - (SpiceWare) - (1)
                             Tim Martin AKA The Martian - (jake123)
                         Rarely valid, always strident. - (cwbrenn) - (2)
                             Re: Rarely valid, always strident. - (admin) - (1)
                                 LOL - (cwbrenn)
         Psyche - (admin) - (1)
             That's good news... - (folkert)
         Re: IBM to discontinue sales of OS/2 - (deSitter) - (3)
             don't bet on it - (cwbrenn) - (2)
                 LRPD Alert? (new thread) - (CRConrad)
                 Actually... - (n3jja)
         Does this mean the Death of OS/2? - (orion) - (16)
             IBM later stated that . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (15)
                 So OS/2 is not dead then, just pining for the Fjords? ;) - (orion)
                 Pricing and sourcing... - (kmself) - (13)
                     Re: Pricing and sourcing... - (rickmoen) - (12)
                         Re: Pricing and sourcing... - (deSitter) - (11)
                             Micrografx did a lot of PresManager. MS did HPFS. Etc., etc. -NT - (Another Scott)
                             Re: Pricing and sourcing... - (rickmoen) - (9)
                                 The WPS was first in 2.0 (post split) and was all IBM. -NT - (Another Scott) - (8)
                                     Re: The WPS was first in 2.0 (post split) and was all IBM. - (rickmoen) - (7)
                                         Some clarification. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                                             Re: Some clarification. - (deSitter) - (1)
                                                 Re: Some clarification. - (orion)
                                             Re: Some clarification. - (rickmoen) - (3)
                                                 Bullshit, Rick - it's YOU who are changing the subject! - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                                     Re: Bullshit, Rick - it's YOU who are changing the subject! - (rickmoen)
                                                 The Horror! Subject creep on zIWeThey! Whoda thunkit. :-/ -NT - (Another Scott)

What is it doing, playing street sax for chump change???
183 ms