IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Ad page counts?
Specifically, high-profile placements (cover, lead pages) by IBM and HP?

Don't forget too that this was the week of LWE, which is going to see a concerted publicity push by a number of firms, though given the reports (I didn't attend) from LWE, there were a number of companies which were surprise no-shows (Agenda) or were only dragged out reluctantly (VA).

Spending a couple of days in SF though, the number of IBM astronaut and Peace, Love, Linux ads plastering the street is quite noteable. That US$1b campaign includes a large marketing component, I'll wager.
--
Karsten M. Self [link|mailto:kmself@ix.netcom.com|kmself@ix.netcom.com]

What part of "gestalt" don't you understand?
New LWE SF 2001
It looks like I'm the only one who went.

Definitely more subdued than past ones, looked like less people -- but I think partly the move from the SJCC to the more spacious Moscone Center may have been part of it.

However, definitely the impact of the bursted Internet bubble could be felt -- for example, a lot fewer nice goodies, fewer booth bimbos, and fewer small companies.

Still, I got the feeling the Linux is really starting to grow into business. For example, IBM was showing off some really high end stuff, including Linux on S/390 (or whatever the new name is). Basically, the hype is over and it's time to get down to business.

And, such positive coverage from InfoWorld is still welcome, especially if it continues.

Tony
     Something's up at InfoWhirled - (Andrew Grygus) - (15)
         Wierd, ehh? And it made me think of you - (broomberg) - (5)
             I noticed that too, but . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                 Open Source Infoworld - (gdaustin) - (3)
                     Minor adjustments - (Andrew Grygus)
                     It begs the question... - (static) - (1)
                         It begs the question... - (Andrew Grygus)
         Ad page counts? - (kmself) - (1)
             LWE SF 2001 - (tonytib)
         Well... - (bepatient) - (6)
             That bytes! - (Steven A S) - (5)
                 Maximum Linux is dead . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                     I subscribed... - (bepatient) - (3)
                         Can't be Byte - (wharris2) - (2)
                             I'm getting WIRED.... yuck!!! - (n3jja) - (1)
                                 Yep...thats the one...I had to look... - (bepatient)

I am so upset that this clown of a woman figured out my SUPER PLAN TO SCAM MILLIONS FROM THE UNKNOWING BEANIE WORLD!
38 ms