IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New OK going to test forum: Tecra logs in.
Same ISP just logged off from, natch.

What mode can a browser toggle, which finds message at login link unpalatable - then handles the forced login (via 'Reply' command) -- though next tells system to forget I'm logged, and forget to ask for menu for Mark Read yada ??

AFTER the (successful) post!?

Fuck You George Boole
New What's going on (I think)
It sounds to me like your proxy server is only sending auth info when the info is actually requested. Most browsers (NS 4, IE, Opera) will send auth info to a site once they have a domain request no matter if they get another request or not. It becomes a sort of cookie. Some browsers, like recent Mozilla builds, will only send the auth info when the HTTP server actually requests it., or for any page under the page the browser authenticated for.

Example: if I have a protected page /forums/forms/content/editReply, and that is the first page for which Mozilla sends auth info, Mozilla will never send auth info for any unprotected page above editReply in the directory hierarchy (eg. /forums/render/showContent). The problem manifests as being logged in for replies, but "not logged in" for unprotected pages. The display pages are unprotected so people can browse anonymously.

How zIWETHEY authentication works:

The only protected pages are the user pref pages and the reply pages. When a user logs in, zIWETHEY redirects the login to a page at the top of the /forums hierarchy in order to trick the browser into always sending the auth info.

I think your proxies might be somehow foiling my hack for Mozilla, because that's exactly the same behavior I got in Mozilla before I added the redirect hack.
Regards,

-scott anderson
New Thanks Scott..
And I sympathize with an apparent need to satisfy contradictory browser quirks simultaneously :[ gotta Love them innovations.

So far - seems that if I nuke WW while going to zI.. then I get login box. I tried turning it back on just After box appeared, this AM: it blinked once (to let me know I Am Being Watched) but took my ID, PW and showed "Logged in" etc.

So far soooo goooooood - and simple enough that it hardly merits any more attention (from my POV)

Everything's lookin spiffier n spiffier but not gauche, y'know :-)

(And poor ol WWasher hasn't anything to Do here! no .ocx, .vd, ad-doublepry - just spinnin its wheels an eatin up them Task cycles..)

Hey! cackle cackle: why not put in One pop-up! in random forums - fer auld lang syne? :-\ufffd

Advertisin: sex aids fer the terminally engaged, Get it? er see: sittin at a ter -

all yer base instincts blo
     Minor glitch? - (ashton2) - (21)
         PS - (ashton2) - (1)
             I lied - still broke but also no "Mark Forum Read" after ... - (ashton2)
         Might still be a proxy issue - (admin) - (5)
             OK just now.. - (ashton2) - (4)
                 PS: local timestamp now fubar != "PST" per Prefs. -NT - (ashton2) - (3)
                     YYep, there's a reason for that. - (admin) - (2)
                         Can you not use Zulu (GMT) time for all? - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                             What I'm trying to do... - (admin)
         Would you prefer I did this by e-mail Bug report? - (Ashton) - (12)
             Nope.. Zope-zapped, zonally - (Ashton) - (1)
                 Er.. no "Mark Forum Read" etc. As follows.. -NT - (Ashton)
             Zomezing zomewat zimilarr -- - (Ric Locke) - (9)
                 This is a familiar problem. - (static)
                 Agree with Wade. - (admin)
                 One more time: - (Ashton) - (6)
                     I haven't changed anything... - (admin) - (5)
                         Ok - any clue re where to sleuth? - (Ashton) - (4)
                             Er *something* remembers I'm logged in - as THIS post - (Ashton) - (3)
                                 OK going to test forum: Tecra logs in. - (Ashton) - (2)
                                     What's going on (I think) - (admin) - (1)
                                         Thanks Scott.. - (Ashton)

Press F1 to continue, or F2 for setup.
318 ms