IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The Gospel according to St. Kirk | W is "sick & tired" !!
(in that recurrent argument with Spock re the bloodthirstiness of homus sapus)

Yes! We're Killers!! ..but each day we can get up and say, "Today I will not kill. Today I won't Kill.."

So... yes - 'we' are venal; our cupidity is our Hallmark. We are sanctimonious; our massive hypocrisy and shallowness is how we are known in all times and places elsewhere in the world - and we are simplistic, juvenile and.. more often lately - just plain nasty. BUT.. something within the best of 'us' Knows This as even (the writer for a ham-actor like 'Kirk') Knows This.

Maybe that's actually the Best you ever Can get from homus sapus - the stirrings of an inner 'watcher' who knows when you are being naughty. And it's fucking irrelevant to embroider that Watcher with oozy veneers of Corp religious theory du jour, or psychobabble either. Anyone half-alive knows something about the Guts inside, however inarticulate about the label.

'We' either Listen to that voice inside - or we lock-step behind the Dubyas and their handlers (and beaucoup apologists) and warm up Onward Christian Soldiers One More Time.

You OTOH: suggest it's all a fait accompli because {sigh}\ufffd that's Just The Way We Are. Bull shit. That's The Way mobs are - not individuals. And it's only ever a few individuals.. who ever 'do anything' anyway, and who refuse to yield to recursive and lugubrious resignation.

In the past, we've been very slow to rise to the occasion. Look how many years of Vietnam slaughterr had to occur before hundreds of thousands finally marched in cities all across the US - not just Berkeley! The techno of today - including esp. re instant communications of what-if?s - denies us the sloth of 'waiting a few years/months?' for it to get Rilly Bad in the march towards WW-III. And those nukes awaiting.

This Time: we have a hick with the football, and one clearly intent upon unilateral pursuit of Fixing the World His Way, and one who neither knows what the rest of the world really thinks - or *cares*.

Anyway Dan, I guess we'll both see -shortly- whether the sloth of Inertia Rulez.

Ashton

PS Dubya just *NOW* said on Newshour.. I'm sick and tired of his deceptions... Now we all know what follows Any demagogue's use of that trite piece of Doggerel Americanus: No Thought Will Follow It.

It's gonna be a Bumpy Ride.
Siva closes eyes - a universe disappears.
No Big Deal, akshully..
New Klingon addendum (is this redundant?)
Ashton,
You're ever the optimist! ;-?

You gush:
"You OTOH: suggest it's all a fait accompli because {sigh}\ufffd that's Just The Way We Are. Bull shit. That's The Way mobs are - not individuals. And it's only ever a few individuals.. who ever 'do anything' anyway, and who refuse to yield to recursive and lugubrious resignation."

I think I've heard that song before... some guy named Bruce Hornsby or something. "Ah, but don't you believe them..." Dah dah dumb dumb dumb, dah dah dumb dumb dumb. Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb...

Need I say anything else? (probably)

It's not necessary a fait accompli, but it would fit nicely in the history books given the pattern, n'est ce pas?
Just a few thoughts,

Screamer

Living is easy with eyes closed
misunderstanding all you see,
it's getting hard to be someone but it all works out
it doesn't matter much to me

J. Lennon - Strawberry Fields Forever
New Yield to the mob? LaGuerre?_Civil disobedience; c'est La Vie
     War on Iraq: Possible scenarios - (dmarker) - (29)
         I predicted end of January - (deSitter) - (1)
             Ross, Ross, Ross... - (jb4)
         Justification, we don't need to stinkin' justification.... - (Simon_Jester)
         Lack of evidence can mean only one thing. - (Brandioch) - (1)
             Re: Lack of evidence can mean only one thing. - (deSitter)
         Extending your first hypothisis - (hnick) - (22)
             And the best part is, he'd be right! - (marlowe) - (17)
                 Oh, for crying in a bucket... - (hnick) - (13)
                     A few thoughts... - (screamer) - (12)
                         It's more than that. - (Brandioch) - (2)
                             Re: It's more than that. - (John Ashcroft) - (1)
                                 LMAO... - (screamer)
                         The Gospel according to St. Kirk | W is "sick & tired" !! - (Ashton) - (2)
                             Klingon addendum (is this redundant?) - (screamer) - (1)
                                 Yield to the mob? LaGuerre?_Civil disobedience; c'est La Vie -NT - (Ashton)
                         Chuckle... Massive oil spills == WMD? Possibilities.... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                             Hazelwood was a terrorist... -NT - (screamer)
                         At last - some honesty - (dmarker) - (3)
                             It's absolutely much deeper than even that... - (screamer) - (2)
                                 Re: It's absolutely much deeper than even that... - (dmarker) - (1)
                                     We made quite a mess all over the world... - (screamer)
                 Please identify the traitor - (mhuber) - (2)
                     He has no 'program', only Cliff's Notes - (Ashton) - (1)
                         Yeah, I know. - (mhuber)
             *snort* - (jb4)
             Nit re: "spill into the Med" - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                 Yup.. you're right - (hnick)
             Nice Dubyaesque pondering there, Hugh! - (Ashton)
         Non-Justification - (JayMehaffey)

We're sorry. Your LRPD has been back-ordered, and will ship when stocks have been replenished.
43 ms