IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Anecdotes
Cincinnati drivers are horrible in poor weather.

I've never seen traffic as bad in rain as in snow. But here you are. Egads.

Now, *some* rain and *some* snow will crush driving conditions no matter where you are. But here, you get a little drizzle, you get a lot of congestion. I don't understand it.
French Zombies are zapping me with lasers!
New Dreading that first snow
Sometime in the next few months, a flake or two will hit the I-system here in Milwaukee. It will be about 40 degrees F. The snow will melt as it hits. There will be no accumulation on roads, no ice, not a whole lot of water.

People will panic. Traffic will crawl. Fenders will be bent. The TV and radio weather and traffic people will orgasm on the air about the crisis. They might even create a new logo for the storm.

A few weeks later, the roads will be a slick grey deathtrap and the drivers going 20 under the limit on that nearly dry surface will be doing 20 over the limit on a genuinely dangerous surface and dying - taking others with them. And it will take at least three inches of snow for a storm to rate a name and logo. We get about a half dozen storm like that per year.
White guys in suits know best
- Pat McCurdy
New Q for you Unfortunates in the white, soon-grey zones
Are there any areas, cities (other than enroute to ski playgrounds) which require chains? At all? Under certain circumstances?

If so - are 'snow tires' then deemed an adequate equivalent?

(Or is it all left up to Darwinism and Tee Vee er 'manufactured consent' via infoterrorment?)

Hmmm - maybe a Hum-Vee *could* have some rational purpose: if it's left to Darwin out there.
New No chains required anywhere around here, as far as I know
But then, I tend to stick to the City during winter.

Milwaukee isn't really all that bad for driving in snow. All it takes, except for maybe one or two days per winter, and we tend to sit those out, is decent tires and sane driving. Which means slowing down when the roads are slippery, and realizing that 4 wheel drive doesn't help you stop. And go out and play a little in a parking lot or something every winter, so you know how your machine acts in a skid.
White guys in suits know best
- Pat McCurdy
New Not *allowed*, usually
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
New We had some freaky weather a few weeks ago.
Which is why my sister mentioned her friends. It dumped snow on the Southern Highlands and the Blue Mountains - two regions of New South Wales that almost never get snowed on. In fact, it dumped nearly a foot of snow. The TV news crews got a few locals on camera complaining about the unusually high amount of traffic (!) - most of it city tourists (!!) who clearly didn't know how to drive on an icy road.

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New Re: Dreading that first snow
You just ligtened my day a lot. "a flake or two"------ classic.
French Zombies are zapping me with lasers!
New the first snow in florida is around the corner
huge storms of whiteheaded flakes clogging the roadways with their first car. Shudder.
thanx,
bill
Our bureaucracy and our laws have turned the world into a clean, safe work camp. We are raising a nation of slaves.
Chuck Palahniuk
     Camaro cop car - (DonRichards) - (37)
         We've had those around here for a few years.. - (Fearless Freep) - (1)
             Legal issue over here. - (inthane-chan)
         They've had those here for a long time. - (admin) - (34)
             Yeah, the big Crown Vics... - (Fearless Freep) - (33)
                 Unmarked cars common here in .au too - (Meerkat) - (32)
                     Re: Unmarked cars common here in .au too - (Fearless Freep) - (31)
                         They tried it here, was generally known as 'Pigs in Space':) - (Meerkat)
                         my last speeding ticket... - (cforde) - (29)
                             Automated speed cameras... - (static)
                             Speeding is Stupid and Dangerous - (deSitter) - (27)
                                 sorry about yer girlfriends brother glad you have her -NT - (boxley)
                                 speeding - (cforde)
                                 Life is.. - (Ashton) - (2)
                                     Not Against Risk - (deSitter) - (1)
                                         Clearer - (Ashton)
                                 Nope, much more important factors - (tonytib) - (17)
                                     That's interesting. - (static) - (16)
                                         What Happens - (deSitter) - (15)
                                             Beg to differ - (drewk) - (1)
                                                 Oh Yeah - (deSitter)
                                             Learning safe driving. - (static) - (8)
                                                 Anecdotes - (wharris2) - (7)
                                                     Dreading that first snow - (mhuber) - (6)
                                                         Q for you Unfortunates in the white, soon-grey zones - (Ashton) - (2)
                                                             No chains required anywhere around here, as far as I know - (mhuber)
                                                             Not *allowed*, usually -NT - (drewk)
                                                         We had some freaky weather a few weeks ago. - (static)
                                                         Re: Dreading that first snow - (wharris2) - (1)
                                                             the first snow in florida is around the corner - (boxley)
                                             Nope, speed by itself isn't that important - (tonytib) - (3)
                                                 Autobahn - (kmself) - (2)
                                                     Don't agree -- for aggressive drivers, try driving in Spain - (tonytib)
                                                     huh, sounds like going to san fran from reno - (boxley)
                                 Sure hope it's a new girlfriend. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
                                     Oh Hell Yes - (deSitter) - (2)
                                         Good news! For a moment there, I feared you regressed. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                                         very good news. -NT - (cforde)

We come here for the righteous indignation and hilarity that follows.
67 ms