IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Bowl-ed over
After many days of watching the the great commercial machine that is the BCS play out I have come to the conclusion that this years games have been some of the least fun to watch in recent history. I enjoy football very much and college football is my personal favorite, but lately I have been dissapointed. The bowl games have been more a show of advertising than athletics. What happened to the Rose Bowl? Must it be the Random Corporate Sponsor Rose Bowl? Does it have to be the Circuit City National Championship Trophy? I say no. College football should be about great plays and great athletes, not about great advertising campaigns.

*this comment was brought to you free of corporate sponsorship*

Sean
New AMEN BRUTHA!!!
And the bowl the other day that was played on the blue turf...I mean...I like blue...but I just couldn't watch the game. It was somehow...disturbing.
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New That would be the Boise State Broncos
It's like watching a game at a VFW hall with a 30 year old TV.

The BCS BS has basically rendered all the bowls but one an afterthought/drag. I couldn't even get interested in Ga. Tech/Fresno State in the whatever bowl (Seattle maybe?).

Back in the day it was Sugar, Cotton, Rose, and Orange, that was more or less the Top 10, and then the Liberty, Gator, Sun, and Bluebonnet for the better also-rans.

The worst was the 3com.com bowl. Sheesh, the Alamgordo A&M Adapters vs. the Sausalito State Switches.
-drl
     Bowl-ed over - (smabernathy) - (2)
         AMEN BRUTHA!!! - (bepatient) - (1)
             That would be the Boise State Broncos - (deSitter)

Massteria!
29 ms