IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Not Against Risk
No guts, no glory. I love racing. I like to fly on the twisties on back of a good cycle. But speeding in a congested area is part suicide and part murder and should be heavily punished with fines. Certainly speeding is a far more significant factor in traffic deaths than is alcohol impairment.

I guess you have to know a paralyzed person to understand what a living death it is.

BTW, are you saying my karma sucks? Could be. A lot of terrible shit seems to go on around me.
New Clearer
Your karma?

How about *his*?

Of course! there are Stupid places to (also speed) but the er 'crime' is first the Stupidity! The speed merely intensifies the consequences of (a tissue of circumstances).

If you.. on your Norton Manx 30M, slide off on say, a 'decreasing-radius turn' (whose rato-of decrease you hadn't judged right, or something obscured a significant 'patch'?) - that may be variously...

Not quite-enough experience for That exact 'problem'? = when travelling at 99% of your abilities: 'education'; the way In Fact we learn on such machines. Sigma all those experiences = your own 'lore' to date.

If 110% - say, (you Should have Noticed) - Way over your abilities: bad judgment of the sort which raises probabilities of mishap into 'Stupid' range.

If above AND you run into a Repo or a jogger while sliding: bad (technical) judgment and irresponsibility!

Similarly - if this person was 'speeding' in circumstances you hint at: bad judgment, irresponsibility and in that case - add in criminal negligence too.

Any of the above + mechanical failure (but Not from utterly stupid inattention to basic inspection, maintenance = that is suicide by sloth) - maybe.. what we then call 'chance', is more properly assigned to the ineffable n'such?

{sheesh} - 'circumstances' are *all*. Picking out 'speed' is as inane as - in another more popular context - that of labelling sex / pleasure as 'Bad', because: Yes! you Can generate families of consequences, in both metaphors!

Rest case.

A.
     Camaro cop car - (DonRichards) - (37)
         We've had those around here for a few years.. - (Fearless Freep) - (1)
             Legal issue over here. - (inthane-chan)
         They've had those here for a long time. - (admin) - (34)
             Yeah, the big Crown Vics... - (Fearless Freep) - (33)
                 Unmarked cars common here in .au too - (Meerkat) - (32)
                     Re: Unmarked cars common here in .au too - (Fearless Freep) - (31)
                         They tried it here, was generally known as 'Pigs in Space':) - (Meerkat)
                         my last speeding ticket... - (cforde) - (29)
                             Automated speed cameras... - (static)
                             Speeding is Stupid and Dangerous - (deSitter) - (27)
                                 sorry about yer girlfriends brother glad you have her -NT - (boxley)
                                 speeding - (cforde)
                                 Life is.. - (Ashton) - (2)
                                     Not Against Risk - (deSitter) - (1)
                                         Clearer - (Ashton)
                                 Nope, much more important factors - (tonytib) - (17)
                                     That's interesting. - (static) - (16)
                                         What Happens - (deSitter) - (15)
                                             Beg to differ - (drewk) - (1)
                                                 Oh Yeah - (deSitter)
                                             Learning safe driving. - (static) - (8)
                                                 Anecdotes - (wharris2) - (7)
                                                     Dreading that first snow - (mhuber) - (6)
                                                         Q for you Unfortunates in the white, soon-grey zones - (Ashton) - (2)
                                                             No chains required anywhere around here, as far as I know - (mhuber)
                                                             Not *allowed*, usually -NT - (drewk)
                                                         We had some freaky weather a few weeks ago. - (static)
                                                         Re: Dreading that first snow - (wharris2) - (1)
                                                             the first snow in florida is around the corner - (boxley)
                                             Nope, speed by itself isn't that important - (tonytib) - (3)
                                                 Autobahn - (kmself) - (2)
                                                     Don't agree -- for aggressive drivers, try driving in Spain - (tonytib)
                                                     huh, sounds like going to san fran from reno - (boxley)
                                 Sure hope it's a new girlfriend. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
                                     Oh Hell Yes - (deSitter) - (2)
                                         Good news! For a moment there, I feared you regressed. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                                         very good news. -NT - (cforde)

No, your ass does that all on its own.
103 ms