IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New "Sometimes you've got to beat someone senseless...
to get them to stop."

That may work to stop oppressors but not so for the oppressed. Indefatigable human spirit and all that.

You may recall the Battle of Britain and their "Finest Hour". Endless nights of intense bombings, living like rats under ground, etc. Perhaps, they were not beaten senseless.

"Live by the sword, die by the sword - and its double-edged. The Israeli's have mostly proven that they are willing to lay it down - for instance, with Egypt."

"Live by the sword, die by the sword." - sure, how can one disagree.

The Israeli peace with Egypt was in self interest. They had already pumped the Sinai oilfields dry and Egypt has a population of well over 100 million. Unlike Palestinian lands needed for defense and reestablishing ancient (i.e. Greater) Israel, they were not as much interested in Egyptian lands. And, they did not lay down any sword, they just promised not to use it against Egypt. Israel is armed to the teeth, nuclear arms included. Israel is living "by the sword".
Alex

Life is a comedy for those who think and a tragedy for those who feel.
-- Anne Frank
New Re: "Sometimes you've got to beat someone senseless...
You may recall the Battle of Britain and their "Finest Hour". Endless nights of intense bombings, living like rats under ground, etc. Perhaps, they were not beaten senseless.

Actually, its an interesting point you bring up.

Historically, constant bombardment becomes something people get used to.

London, Germany, Japan.. When the raids were constant and overwhelming, people soon adjusted to that being the norm, and went about their lives as best they could. Strategic bombing of cities was a massive failure to cause morale problems.

But the few-and-far between raids....

Those same Brits who'd stiff upper lipped and all that, during the Blitz... were demoralized intensely by the V1 buzz-bombs. Huge efforts were put into their inteception, because of the morale effect they had. V2s were uninterceptable, and there wasn't the warning - but the effect of sudden, random, slight chances - nowhere near as dangerous as the constant raids was a massive morale sapper.

Israel is armed to the teeth, nuclear arms included. Israel is living "by the sword".

Well, yes. When you're surrounded by people screaming that they want to kill you, I don't blame you for arming yourself. :)

Addison
New Living by the sword.
Well, yes. When you're surrounded by people screaming that they want to kill you, I don't blame you for arming yourself. :)

I don't blame them for being armed either. These are dangerous times for them. But, if they don't work towards the goal of peace with their neighbors and disarmament, will they not die by the sword?

Where does that quote come from, anyway?
Alex

Life is a comedy for those who think and a tragedy for those who feel.
-- Anne Frank
     A solution is offered to the war in the Middle East - (DonRichards) - (22)
         Prediction, more than a solution. - (addison) - (21)
             But, it won't bring peace. - (a6l6e6x) - (20)
                 What will? - (addison) - (19)
                     Always an excellent question.. - (Ashton)
                     Simple, really. - (Another Scott) - (9)
                         Not that simple. - (addison) - (4)
                             No time for point by point rebuttal... - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                 Then at least indicate WHICH point you think is wrong. - (addison) - (2)
                                     Sorry I haven't been clear. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                         Thanks. - (addison)
                         Quite rational - (Silverlock) - (3)
                             The same thing was said about Egypt and Jordan and ... -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                 The destruction of Israel is in their Government charter? - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                     Only so much fits in a Subject line... :-) - (Another Scott)
                     Prediction vs. balanced view - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                         Re: Prediction vs. balanced view - (addison)
                         You're assuming that saner heads will prevail... - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                             I'm *hoping* that saner heads will prevail, one day. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                 There 's the problem in a nutshell - (Silverlock)
                     "Sometimes you've got to beat someone senseless... - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                         Re: "Sometimes you've got to beat someone senseless... - (addison) - (1)
                             Living by the sword. - (a6l6e6x)

ASHTO...
boot: knoppix

Booting AshtoKnoppix kernel:
Attitude fault in sarcasm module at h07734, f000
Beneficence module missing
Closing hyperbole stack
Irreverence matrix CRC-error.
WMD military overlay timeout: colonel panic
unmount hda-0
unmount hda-1
hump hda-3