IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Prediction vs. balanced view
I guess you are saying that when making a prediction only "pro" points supporting the prediction are to be listed and none of the "cons". And so, Krauthammer need not be "balanced". "On the other hand..." is not required.

My point is that as a prediction, in the sense of foretelling the future, there may well be an Israeli blitzkrieg.

On the other hand, the justification for such action is terribly one-sided.

"Spit in your face" happens every day to the Palestinians going through IDF checkpoints. Palestinians have been living under an Isreali oppressor's heel, outside Israel, since they lost the 6-day war in 1967.

There are two sides to the problem.

The blood lust must continue until saner heads prevail.

Alex

Life is a comedy for those who think and a tragedy for those who feel.
-- Anne Frank
New Re: Prediction vs. balanced view
I guess you are saying that when making a prediction only "pro" points supporting the prediction are to be listed and none of the "cons". And so, Krauthammer need not be "balanced". "On the other hand..." is not required.

Right.

My point is that as a prediction, in the sense of foretelling the future, there may well be an Israeli blitzkrieg.

On the other hand, the justification for such action is terribly one-sided.

I wouldn't say "one-sided" but yes.

If you're predicting the future, you say what you think will happen.

He illustrates what he thinks will happen, and why. Its the whole issue of "context" - putting yourself into the other person's shoes. Look at it from their perspective. (And then you can sometimes figure out HOW to balance the view, HOW to explain to them, etc).

But you cannot do that while "in their shoes". Doesn't work. IF they're not thinking it, attributing it to their thought process is erroneous.

Addison
New You're assuming that saner heads will prevail...
Bloodly unlikely, in my opinion.

I can predict it will get worse... but that's pretty much a given at this point. And all it takes is for one idiot to go off and the whole thing starts again.

It reminds me of Britian and the IRA.

New I'm *hoping* that saner heads will prevail, one day.
You've got a good point, of course. The situation is continuing to deteriorate.

Britain and the IRA, Russians and Chechens, Serbs and Croats, Serbs and Albanians, Serbs and Bosnians, Serbs and Kosovars, Macedonians and Albanians, Greeks and Turks on Cyprus, Indians and Pakistanis in Kashmir, Turks and Kurds, Iraqis and Kurds, Iranians and Kurds, all manner of African tribal purges, and the list goes on.

The Israelis and Palestinians are taking things to new levels of inhumanity.
Alex

Life is a comedy for those who think and a tragedy for those who feel.
-- Anne Frank
New There 's the problem in a nutshell
Sanity is not a prerequiste for belief. Israelis believe Palestinians are the *enemy*. Palestinians believe Israelis are the *enemy*. Both sides have ample reason to adhere to that belief. How do you negotiate with an enemy, especially when you don't trust that enemy to be true to his word?
Don Richards. Who can't think of anything entertaining for a .sig
     A solution is offered to the war in the Middle East - (DonRichards) - (22)
         Prediction, more than a solution. - (addison) - (21)
             But, it won't bring peace. - (a6l6e6x) - (20)
                 What will? - (addison) - (19)
                     Always an excellent question.. - (Ashton)
                     Simple, really. - (Another Scott) - (9)
                         Not that simple. - (addison) - (4)
                             No time for point by point rebuttal... - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                 Then at least indicate WHICH point you think is wrong. - (addison) - (2)
                                     Sorry I haven't been clear. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                         Thanks. - (addison)
                         Quite rational - (Silverlock) - (3)
                             The same thing was said about Egypt and Jordan and ... -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                 The destruction of Israel is in their Government charter? - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                     Only so much fits in a Subject line... :-) - (Another Scott)
                     Prediction vs. balanced view - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                         Re: Prediction vs. balanced view - (addison)
                         You're assuming that saner heads will prevail... - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                             I'm *hoping* that saner heads will prevail, one day. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                 There 's the problem in a nutshell - (Silverlock)
                     "Sometimes you've got to beat someone senseless... - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                         Re: "Sometimes you've got to beat someone senseless... - (addison) - (1)
                             Living by the sword. - (a6l6e6x)

Just to be fair, there's no evidence he actually knows what happened in the 1800's.
63 ms