IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The same thing was said about Egypt and Jordan and ...
New The destruction of Israel is in their Government charter?
If you say so. I would have thought I'd have heard of it before now though.
Don Richards. Who can't think of anything entertaining for a .sig
New Only so much fits in a Subject line... :-)
I meant the bit about not being able to negotiate with people who want to destroy you.

I think the PLO Charter issue is a red herring.

[link|http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/9801/31/albright.israel/|PLO affirms change in charter regarding Israel] is a CNN story from 1998.

Whether the Charter has or hasn't been "abrogated" or the offensive paragraphs "abolished" or not or whatever isn't an issue (to me) now. Palestinians aren't fighting Israel because a piece of paper tells them to. And, of course, they won't stop fighting simply because a piece of paper tells them to. It's clear that if the Charter was a binding document still in its offensive form then the US wouldn't have relations with the PA and Israel wouldn't have negotiated the Oslo Accords with Arafat.

Concrete steps to build trust must happen on both sides - pieces of paper won't count for much.

Cheers,
Scott.
     A solution is offered to the war in the Middle East - (DonRichards) - (22)
         Prediction, more than a solution. - (addison) - (21)
             But, it won't bring peace. - (a6l6e6x) - (20)
                 What will? - (addison) - (19)
                     Always an excellent question.. - (Ashton)
                     Simple, really. - (Another Scott) - (9)
                         Not that simple. - (addison) - (4)
                             No time for point by point rebuttal... - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                 Then at least indicate WHICH point you think is wrong. - (addison) - (2)
                                     Sorry I haven't been clear. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                         Thanks. - (addison)
                         Quite rational - (Silverlock) - (3)
                             The same thing was said about Egypt and Jordan and ... -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                 The destruction of Israel is in their Government charter? - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                     Only so much fits in a Subject line... :-) - (Another Scott)
                     Prediction vs. balanced view - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                         Re: Prediction vs. balanced view - (addison)
                         You're assuming that saner heads will prevail... - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                             I'm *hoping* that saner heads will prevail, one day. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                 There 's the problem in a nutshell - (Silverlock)
                     "Sometimes you've got to beat someone senseless... - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                         Re: "Sometimes you've got to beat someone senseless... - (addison) - (1)
                             Living by the sword. - (a6l6e6x)

It's a lady. No it's not. Her hair is E.T.
50 ms