IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Report: Makka is harmless! The investigation is over. :)
Alex

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session."\t-- Mark Twain
New Re: Report: Makka is harmless! The investigation is over. :

That is what it seems like to me.

I can't think of any other possibility that combines the barring of posts to WoT followed predicatbly by port scanning (combined with a daily mail feed of virus attachments).

I am hoping it has ended & I can get back to normal. The good thing about this though was it honed my security skills & got me examining all the various firewall & IDS software around. I never had any info on these computers that I couldn't rebuild so was not seriousl fearful of what could happen, just avoiding inconvenience. The other good thing was that at no time was any damage done o any of my machines.

In balance, apart from the odd feeling one gets when one sees evidence of blocking/probing/breakins this has been a valuable education for me. I took a risk in going public on it (those who have never experienced the above can think it is imaginary). But those who believe they know me will know I am usually pretty careful with my facts.

Anyway - start of a new week - am just about to head of to work - have two daughters in NZ who will be producing babies each in the next 10 days - this will make up for losing my mother (who passed away on the 14th Dec). Lose 1 gain 2.

Happy new year & hope 2003 settles down early for all of us.

Cheers Doug
     Update: Since 24th blocking seems to have stopped ? - (dmarker) - (5)
         Re: Update: Since 24th blocking seems to have stopped ? - (orion) - (2)
             You got blasted for continuing - (folkert) - (1)
                 I already am the butt of many jokes here - (orion)
         Report: Makka is harmless! The investigation is over. :) -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Re: Report: Makka is harmless! The investigation is over. : - (dmarker)

Watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat!
30 ms