IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Well, yeah, I could do it that way...
...but it's a pain in the ass. I'd have to do it for every. single. computer. one. at. a. time.

Actually, I did figure out a way - the scheduled tasks are files in %systemroot%\\Tasks - so you make an MSI and roll it out to everybody via GP.

As far as defragging goes, it does seem to help system performance a bit, and as we've got some "older systems" out there (LMAO - an "old system" here is a Duron 700 w/256mb RAM - it's like farkin' HEAVEN) that actually do notice performance hits with Siebel (turd) anything we can do helps.
Gimli's Rules for Surviving in Middle Earth #43: When attempting to destroy an artifact, remember to use somebody else's axe.
New Some other ideas.
This will probably work better on the perpetual whingers (because personal attention is initially requried), thuogh you could automate it to some extent for everyone.

There are a number of semi-obscure settings in Windows that can be tweaked to gain performance. VCache size in Windows 98 is the classic one, but there are quite a few others. APC haven't put the article on their web page yet or I'd link to it.

Wade.

"Ah. One of the difficult questions."

Group Policy to roll out scheduled events? - (inthane-chan) - (8)
         How we did it - (drewk) - (4)
             Suggestion - (kmself) - (3)
                 Do it on every boot - (Silverlock) - (2)
                     Except ... - (drewk) - (1)
                         Yeah, that's it. - (Silverlock)
         Defragging Almost Useless - (deSitter) - (2)
             Well, yeah, I could do it that way... - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                 Some other ideas. - (static)

I don't know about you, but that's the lifestyle I'm striving for.
68 ms