IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: What's Wrong With Me?
LILO is a flippin' boot manager - it's up for 3 seconds and gone. It works - why change? If I was going to install a boot manager for coolness, it would be the OS/2 boot manager.

Debian - why? Even if it's the best thing since APL\\360, I *like* the idea of a large commercial interest that does Linux, with the right attitude, so I am happy to give my money to SuSE once or twice a year.

Mozilla - still Netscape after all these years.

Gimp - it's a fine graphics program. It's hyarge. It has a stupid name.

MP3 - I've never heard one, including the high bandwidth ones, that didn't sound like mud. Whatever lossy things ripping does, I can hear it. The ear is not as easily fooled as the eye.

I'm just not cool. I'm n00b, I am not l337.
-drl
New Re: What's Wrong With Me?
LILO is a flippin' boot manager - it's up for 3 seconds and gone. It works - why change? If I was going to install a boot manager for coolness, it would be the OS/2 boot manager.
WHEN it works. It's a PITA to configure. It's a PITA to deal with when you're changing kernels. And it's a PITA to work with when you screw up the lilo.conf. Sure, 99% of the time it doesn't matter, but when it DOES matter, it MATTERS.

Debian - why? Even if it's the best thing since APL\\360, I *like* the idea of a large commercial interest that does Linux, with the right attitude, so I am happy to give my money to SuSE once or twice a year.
It does what I need it to do better. I'm not quite sure why you don't understand that...

Mozilla - still Netscape after all these years.
Used Galeon? Or the other Mozilla-based browsers? Your ignorance is showing.

Gimp - it's a fine graphics program. It's hyarge. It has a stupid name.
WTF kind of stupid objection is that?? That's as bad as Stallman changing all the emacs Windows symbols from 'win32' to 'w32' because he didn't like the idea of Windows "winning".

MP3 - I've never heard one, including the high bandwidth ones, that didn't sound like mud. Whatever lossy things ripping does, I can hear it. The ear is not as easily fooled as the eye.
You're listening to bad MP3s then. I've got a golden ear (genetic, runs in the family -- perfect pitch as well), and my MP3s don't sound like mud. MP3s that other people rip, using inferior tools, sure. Not mine. You're blowing smoke.

I'm just not cool. I'm n00b, I am not l337.
You're just ignorant and too hung up on 1) appearance and 2) politics. ;-)

I don't use stuff because it's "cool". I use it because it works.

[edit: added the word 'sure' :-) ]
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
Expand Edited by admin Dec. 13, 2002, 11:18:44 AM EST
New Hee hee
[Edit: added the word 'hee']

Many fears are born of stupidity and ignorance -
Which you should be feeding with rumour and generalisation.
BOfH, 2002 "Episode" 10
Expand Edited by tseliot Dec. 13, 2002, 11:40:09 AM EST
     Just used GRUB for the first time... - (admin) - (71)
         Awww... Shucks.... - (folkert)
         What's Wrong With Me? - (deSitter) - (69)
             Re: What's Wrong With Me? - (admin) - (3)
                 Re: What's Wrong With Me? - (deSitter) - (2)
                     Re: What's Wrong With Me? - (admin) - (1)
                         Hee hee - (tseliot)
             I have the perfect OS for you. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                 Hmmm.... - (folkert)
             What do you want out of your computer? - (ben_tilly) - (62)
                 Re: What do you want out of your computer? - (deSitter) - (61)
                     I've used SuSE for well over a year now. - (admin) - (53)
                         Re: I've used SuSE for well over a year now. - (deSitter) - (52)
                             Who cares about profits? - (admin) - (25)
                                 Re: Who cares about profits? - (deSitter) - (24)
                                     Oh, hush. - (pwhysall) - (22)
                                         Would Like To Hear What Rick has to say - (deSitter) - (21)
                                             Re: Would Like To Hear What Rick has to say - (rickmoen) - (20)
                                                 GRUB/LILO - (admin) - (13)
                                                     Re: GRUB/LILO - (rickmoen) - (9)
                                                         Whether you have a fallback stanza or not - (admin) - (8)
                                                             Ahh, the philosophical difference - (drewk) - (3)
                                                                 Re: Ahh, the philosophical difference - (rickmoen) - (2)
                                                                     Fallback stanza: yes - (kmself)
                                                                     Fallback stanza: yes - (kmself)
                                                             Re: Whether you have a fallback stanza or not - (rickmoen) - (3)
                                                                 VMWare - (admin) - (2)
                                                                     Isn't this a clue? - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                         Re: Isn't this a clue? - (admin)
                                                     Re: GRUB/LILO - (deSitter) - (2)
                                                         Re: GRUB/LILO - (deSitter) - (1)
                                                             RFC: ~/.etc - (kmself)
                                                 Ha! - (admin) - (5)
                                                     diffs on edit history (new thread) - (drewk)
                                                     Ha! - (rickmoen) - (3)
                                                         You weren't that far off... - (admin)
                                                         How does Debian.. - (deSitter) - (1)
                                                             Debian library updates - (kmself)
                                     Profits... - (admin)
                             Bah! - (pwhysall) - (14)
                                 I thought it was over... - (Another Scott) - (13)
                                     Re: I thought it was over... - (deSitter) - (11)
                                         I'd be willing to bet it's... - (Yendor) - (10)
                                             Re: I'd be willing to bet it's... - (deSitter) - (9)
                                                 ? -NT - (admin) - (4)
                                                     Spyware -NT - (deSitter) - (3)
                                                         News to me. - (Another Scott)
                                                         Errrr... - (admin) - (1)
                                                             Re: Errrr... - (deSitter)
                                                 You Gatored you - (kmself) - (2)
                                                     Re: You Gatored you - (deSitter) - (1)
                                                         Re: You Gatored you - (kmself)
                                                 This post intentionally... - (kmself)
                                     been a while - (SpiceWare)
                             You *CAN'T* adapt policies to a standard distro - (ben_tilly) - (10)
                                 Re: You *CAN'T* adapt policies to a standard distro - (deSitter) - (9)
                                     Um, Ross...? - (ben_tilly) - (8)
                                         Re: Um, Ross...? - (deSitter) - (7)
                                             So marketing is OK if it is effective? -NT - (ben_tilly) - (6)
                                                 Re: So marketing is OK if it is effective? - (deSitter) - (5)
                                                     Um...marketing is _part_ of the production process - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                                                         Re: Um...marketing is _part_ of the production process - (deSitter) - (3)
                                                             Sorry to interject, but there's something important here. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                                 Re: Sorry to interject, but there's something important... - (deSitter)
                                                             Call that a "missed reference" then. :-) -NT - (ben_tilly)
                     There can only be one? - (Brandioch) - (5)
                         *A* Frickin *MEN* -NT - (folkert)
                         Re: There can only be one? - (deSitter) - (3)
                             Re: There can only be one? - (rickmoen) - (2)
                                 Re: There can only be one? - (deSitter) - (1)
                                     Re: There can only be one? - (rickmoen)
                     Re: GRUB, the only way to fly - (dmarker)

Drop to the deck and flop like a fish!
107 ms