IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Before you mentioned it...knew it was a girl. How?
1 year olds are great. 2 year olds are better. I think the phrase "terrible 2s" is because a)parents try to maintain a tight schedule with a 2-year old, which is tough b)the 2-year old isn't so bad, but the 2-year-old in addition to the newborn is very bad c)parents expect a 2 year old to act like a 3 or 4 year old (very different beasts).

I thought this too. Then we had a boy. Now we understand what "terrible 2 through 5 and counting" is ;-)
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New That's interesting
not by her name, most people think Rowan is a boys name (Rowan Atkinson, for example)

Boys do seem tougher. I sort of pictured a boy, unti the amnio doc told us it was a girl (impressive, considering what they have to look at). Now I'm glad of a girl.

No telling me about teens and needing shotguns, I already know...
FAQ! We're scrod!
New Yeah - girls are better
At 2. Mine will be 2 in January. Friends ask what its like to have a toddler and I tell them its like having the pet monkey I always wanted as a kid.

At 2 this kid is just like a little chimp - cute, mischeivous, no words - just cute jabber and monkey noises, but she can climb anything and is fully capable of passing the monkey and bananas test. Pretty fun.

OTOH, you can't take a monkey to a restaurant like we could when she was a baby. She takes more effort to keep from trouble and the tantrums are a drag.

I am out of the country for the duration of the Bush administration.
Please leave a message and I'll get back to you when democracy returns.
New Re: Yeah - girls are better
When people asked me what it was like having a 1-year-old, I told them to get a cat. The difference is that you can't kick the cat out the backdoor or leave them to their own devices (to wit, the litter box, the plants, the food dish, the toilet, and any woven fabric) while you go on vacation. In terms of independence, intelligence, and mannerisms though a 1-year old is comparable to a cat.

See my review about the Summit backpack.
FAQ! We're scrod!
New Uh... so you CAN leave a 1-y-o and go on vacation, you mean?
New Sort of.
Only if you leave the cat with the kid's grandparents.
FAQ! We're scrod!
New Leaving the cat at granma's is all it takes...
...and you can leave a one-year-old CHILD alone at home while you go away on *vacation*?!?

You *do* have the same definition of "vacation" as I do -- namely, that it's something that lasts for more than one day (i.e, includes at least one over-night away from home), don't you?

Oh well... here's hoping you remember to leave the litter box and, above all, the food dish (with something in it!) with the kid... ;-)

(But, hey, this is great news: We have one coming in about four months -- and we don't even HAVE a cat! :-)

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Actually, I rather like women, and don't particularly care for men,
so I don't really mind that women are all completely insane.
 - [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=68920|Andrew Grygus]
New Genetic vs. Environmental again :=(
None of the so-called experts really know how a kid will turn out. I was (OK, so I'm remembering it through 35-year rose colored glasses) a well-behaved guy. Boy. Whatever.)
New So was I.
And, the fights that I got into with my siser weren't so bad.

At least to hear my parents when they mention that it might be time to think about having our second kid...
FAQ! We're scrod!
New Hey, Hillbilly banjo-man!
You know how that post could be read?!? ;^)

Sorry, but I really *did* read it that way at first glance...

(Ah, whaddoIknow; prolly sez more about me than about you. :-)

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Actually, I rather like women, and don't particularly care for men,
so I don't really mind that women are all completely insane.
 - [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=68920|Andrew Grygus]
     Thoughts on being a dad at 2 years - (rickw) - (17)
         Before you mentioned it...knew it was a girl. How? - (bepatient) - (9)
             That's interesting - (rickw)
             Yeah - girls are better - (tuberculosis) - (4)
                 Re: Yeah - girls are better - (rickw) - (3)
                     Uh... so you CAN leave a 1-y-o and go on vacation, you mean? -NT - (CRConrad) - (2)
                         Sort of. - (rickw) - (1)
                             Leaving the cat at granma's is all it takes... - (CRConrad)
             Genetic vs. Environmental again :=( - (wharris2) - (2)
                 So was I. - (rickw) - (1)
                     Hey, Hillbilly banjo-man! - (CRConrad)
         Well welcome to the world of lost regrets :-) - (boxley)
         Try it with a 6 year-old and a baby - (folkert) - (1)
             We're thinking, we're probably a 1-kid-type family - (rickw)
         Dupe. Sorry - (bepatient) - (3)
             Sure... uhhh huh... yep... sure thing... whatever you say... - (folkert) - (2)
                 I would've never phreakin noticed! - (bepatient) - (1)
                     Actually... - (folkert)

I killed quite a few of my test rabbits when I first learned it.
98 ms