IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New UN inspectors stumble across mustard gas in Iraq
[link|http://www.nypost.com/news/worldnews/63758.htm|Imagine what an adequate team would find]

Excerpt:

December 5, 2002 -- U.N. weapons inspectors found mustard gas yesterday inside Iraqi artillery shells at a military complex north of Baghdad.

The inspectors had already known the gas and shells were stored at the Muthanna military site but hadn't yet been destroyed when the previous inspection team left Iraq in 1998.

Still, it was the first discovery of a chemical weapon since the United Nations returned to the country, inspector Dimitri Perricos said, adding, "Of course we are interested, because it is a good quantity of mustard."

Meanwhile, National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice has pressed chief U.N. weapons inspector Hans Blix to get more aggressive on Iraq and do multisite inspections, U.S. officials said yesterday.

I say:

So it was actually the `98 team that found it, and this bunch just, er, re-found it. Saddam screwed up forgetting to move this batch.

No kudos to the UN team for finding this. In light of the circumstances above, this has dumb luck written all over it. Given a sufficiently vast quantity of WMD lying around, even a team like this can manage to find something. But what do all you apologists for this murderous thug have to say for yourselves now?
NOT ONE CENT of tribute for North Korea.
"What must it feel like to lose an election to a retarded monkey?" - Andrew Sullivan
"The US party calls in mortar fire on the enemy positions. The UN party stands up, climbs over the lip of the trench, and recites Robert\ufffds Rules of Order as it approaches the machine-gun positions." - Lileks
[link|http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/index.html|http://www.angelfire...arlowe/index.html]
New Where were the hawks when Iraq was using it?
Oh, I remember. We sent Herr Rumsfield over to Baghdad to shake Saddam's hand (photo op and all).

New You are obviously delusional.
But what do all you apologists for this murderous thug have to say for yourselves now?
Either that or you don't know what the word "apologist" means.

Now, let me put this in the big picture for you.

Bush has said that we will invade if the inspectors find things like this.

Now, the inspectors have found evidence (so it has been claimed).

So, when do we invade?
New Saddam cuts cheese, inspectors scatter
-drl
New What a bullshit.
Those shells were tagged and invenntoried during first inspection. It was not luck that they were found - they went there (Saddam's former chem weapons factory, throughly demolished during first inspection) expecting to find everythinng still in place. And they found it. If it means anything, it means Saddam was expecting to see inspectors back at some point.
--

We have only 2 things to worry about: That
things will never get back to normal, and that they already have.
New More bullshit
If it means anything, it means Saddam was expecting to see inspectors back at some point.

That's ridiculous. Only if Sadaam wanted to start a damn war. Which it appears he's expecting and trying to prepare for (good luck Saddam)
     UN inspectors stumble across mustard gas in Iraq - (marlowe) - (5)
         Where were the hawks when Iraq was using it? - (mmoffitt)
         You are obviously delusional. - (Brandioch)
         Saddam cuts cheese, inspectors scatter -NT - (deSitter)
         What a bullshit. - (Arkadiy) - (1)
             More bullshit - (wharris2)

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
83 ms