IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I think you're on to something.
Hi Bill,

We turned on the TV yesterday and after a few minutes it was back to its old self. The top of the screen is still chopped off (as it has been for months or longer), but the picture was pretty good. It's very likely an intermittent bad connection where the video signal attaches to something inside the set. It's been OK for the last 12 hours or more.

We'll leave it alone for a while to see if it stays stable. When I've got more time, maybe I'll take the back off and see if there's a cold solder joint or something...

Ashton, I appreciate the 'scope offer. I was thinking of you when I mentioned not having one. :-) But the need seems to have passed now. I may contact you in the future though!

So, no new set seems to be needed just yet. If the US economy falls into recession, you'll know who to blame...

Thanks for the help, everyone!

Cheers,
Scott.
New Dry-joints and dodgy connections.
You will probably not be surprised at how many faults are a simple dry-joint (basically a manufacturing fault) or a piece that is under-engineered. Input sockets are classic favourites for the latter - when they haven't been engineered to take the weight of the typical lead and plug, well, guess what: they fail much earlier than they're supposed to.

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

Dying 11 year old 30" Toshiba TV. Recommendations? - (Another Scott) - (18)
         cynical, buy 2 15 inch sets both<$225.00 - (boxley) - (1)
             Oh box oh box - (wharris2)
         Sony always been good by me - (wharris2) - (1)
             Sony WEGA - (deSitter)
         Depends on local repair talent.. - (Ashton) - (1)
             And if you choose this option - (wharris2)
         Re: Dying 11 year old 30" Toshiba TV. Recommendations? - (andread)
         Ahh, PiP with cable - (drewk)
         Fix It! - (deSitter) - (8)
             No 'scope, etc. More importantly, no time. :-( - (Another Scott) - (7)
                 try looking at where the cable comes in with the cover off - (boxley) - (2)
                     I think you're on to something. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         Dry-joints and dodgy connections. - (static)
                 Heh.. scopes? I got scopes. - (Ashton) - (3)
                     ya got spare scopes? - (boxley) - (2)
                         Umm best use my add - (Ashton) - (1)
                             No gap no Space - (boxley)
         Start reading - (tuberculosis)

I'm made of 100% baryonic matter.
74 ms