IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New old fartisms
[link|http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/20010823/us/mindset_list_1.html|old fartism]
I knew that!
thanx,
bill
Our bureaucracy and our laws have turned the world into a clean, safe work camp. We are raising a nation of slaves.
Chuck Palahniuk
New USian in some ways, too.
"Thongs" still mean footwear Down Under. But we know what a "thong" (singular) means, too.

There was an interesting exchange on an Aussie TV comedy show a year or so ago with an American comedian as guest. She was happily going on about wearing a thong when everyone else meant footwear...

Wade

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New 20 years ago -
McBride, a professor at Beloit for 28 years, says he has noticed other differences in modern-day freshmen. He sees them as more health-conscious, * goal-oriented and docile than their predecessors. "Students 20 years ago were much more rebellious and suspicious of authority," he says.

Yup. Docility goes with authoritarianism, pretty much..

* bet those goals are: 'wanna retire at 30, after I go through 100 mil or so of VC and get my name on a Big website' (?)

A.
New Kindred Spirits.
I was just going to post a part of the quote you did under the heading, "Ah, the Good old days".

"Students 20 years ago were much more rebellious and suspicious of authority."

I had a discussion with my 32 year-old business partner about this. He said, it was a good thing students were more complacent today, I say, "If you don't question authority in your early 20s, when are you going to do it? And if you never do, are you going to be happy being a slave?"

Sadder, but wiser,
Mikem
     old fartisms - (boxley) - (3)
         USian in some ways, too. - (static)
         20 years ago - - (Ashton) - (1)
             Kindred Spirits. - (mmoffitt)

Do you plan to call me on your camera next?
33 ms