IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New One word: WOW
That doesn't necessarily mean a change in the leaders' attitude as I'm sure their successors were thoroughly screened. But for a communist leadership to voluntarily resign is amazing.

Brian Bronson
New Re: One word: WOW - has been expected for while, but ...

Noone was expecting the entire upper leadership to replace themselves as they have done (this extends to the military as well).

It was expected that Jiang would maintain background influence & he is still on key committees controlling the military but that is all.

This news will be discussed & debated for some time. The nearest I can equate it
to is when in 1850 Japanese Samurai & Clans held a meeting and voluntarily handed power over to a parliment. The Japs had sent delegations all over the world to study govts & their institutions (military).

Japs chose Prussian (German) Parliment, British Navy, Prussian Army, & later the US Airforce. The Emperor was restored as the titular head of the country (known as the 'Meiji restoration'). The 1st major country to switch from feudalism to democracy without a shot being fired.

In China this week, the CCP invited prominent capitalists to beome members of the CCP & to accept the idea of capitalism as a modernization.

Cheers

Doug
New At least the new leader made his bones in 1989 Tibet
So thy feel he will "do the right thing" if needed. Dont expect too much on the democracy front. China will continue as is but perhaps with a Singapore style of governorship.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]
"Fifty-one percent of a nation can establish a totalitarian regime, suppress minorities and still remain democratic." Correction: All that can be achieved with 51 percent of the voters!" Ilanna Mercer
     China leaders vote themselves out of office - (dmarker) - (14)
         Do you get an error? - (admin) - (4)
             Re: The post didn't seem to go anywhere - (dmarker) - (3)
                 Very bizarre... -NT - (admin) - (2)
                     Re: Just happened again - whwn I used names of leaders - (dmarker)
                     Re: I have become used to this esp - (dmarker)
         One word: WOW - (bbronson) - (2)
             Re: One word: WOW - has been expected for while, but ... - (dmarker) - (1)
                 At least the new leader made his bones in 1989 Tibet - (boxley)
         Re: China leaders vote - part 2 - (dmarker)
         Re: China leaders vote - part 3 - (dmarker)
         Re: China leaders vote - part 4 (bbc news clip) - (dmarker) - (2)
             Just tested length posting - (admin) - (1)
                 Re: Length doesn't seem to be it - (dmarker)
         If they keep the anti corruption up it is a good thing. - (boxley)

* tilly wonders what the upper limit on the length of a /topic is.
* tilly suspects that we are about to find out.
42 ms