IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Okay, I have a confession...
I only posted this 'cause I liked the picture of the chimp in the leather jacket... and was trying to get a rise out of Ross.

And there you go, pontificating on "the meaning of life" again.

Aside... in MP's "The Meaning of Life", do you ever feel like that guy who gives the elegant soliloquy at the business meeting about how easily our conscientiousness is distracted by minutia who is interrupted by his boss, "Jenkins, you were saying something about people buying more hats"... ?

I sometimes think about your posts in that context... If you haven't seen the movie for a while, check it out.

:-)

But I do find it interesting that there is some actual scientific research trying to determine the nature versus nurture aspect of the gay debate. But, but... I really just liked the picture of the chimp, FWIW.
Just a few thoughts,

Screamer

Living is easy with eyes closed
misunderstanding all you see,
it's getting hard to be someone but it all works out
it doesn't matter much to me

J. Lennon - Strawberry Fields Forever
New Heh..
Why should the Other Pontiff have all the fun? (I see where he gets his material but.. it's Open Source y'know?)

In an earlier encyclical on the Meaning of Life.. I covered the nature/nurture IIRC. Besides, getting down to... understanding? what another person's choices derive from (internally) is obv a lengthy process, an unhurried one -- and it has damn-all to do with the nasty slogans of children, jeering as they do: at Anyone not Identical to tne name-caller.

ie - just like the "adults" around Murican parts - when the above is the topic. It's obv cultural -- and you've seen more than one of those, right? (We can always notice too.. how terminally Nasty folks get when accusing someone of an er 'affliction' they're afraid They might also have. Ask any shrink)

Cheers,

Ashton XXIII
New Since this thread is a throwaway anyway...
I read your post re: education and all the rest. I am starting to come (back) around to your point of view regarding the travesty/sham/mockery of a travesty of a sham that Am Society is/was/will always be?... but I really do keep trying to find meaning and reason for hope. Seriously.

In my best MP voice, "and now for something completely different"... (and perhaps a bit more relevent for this forum), if you get a chance, tell me what you think about the following site:
[link|http://pespmc1.vub.ac.be/DEFAULT.html|http://pespmc1.vub.ac.be/DEFAULT.html]

I have been lurking around in it for a while trying to determine if I am finding enlightenment or Lronhubbard...

As you have oft pointed out, sometimes it's hard to tell in the cacophony of sell, sell, sell just what is science vrs. snake oil.

:-)
Just a few thoughts,

Screamer

Living is easy with eyes closed
misunderstanding all you see,
it's getting hard to be someone but it all works out
it doesn't matter much to me

J. Lennon - Strawberry Fields Forever
New rosecrucians online looks like
the cyber view of the mysteries.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]
"Fifty-one percent of a nation can establish a totalitarian regime, suppress minorities and still remain democratic." Correction: All that can be achieved with 51 percent of the voters!" Ilanna Mercer
New Ah Grasshopper __[and we are all er Grasshoppers]
Principia Intellectualis? Refs from Adler to Wittgenstein! Evokes initially.. the story of Bertrand R. nearly driving self *mad in His 'Principia' - first 128? pages became a preface to the proposition that [perhaps] 1 + 1 = 2.

* His intimates said that he never fully recovered from the experience.

Guess I'll have to nibble off a few links and see if.. the massive analyses have led to anything like a synthesis or two. This aspect reminds me of Mr. G(urdjieff) and his response to a question of the ilk..

C'mon.. can't ya just Tell Us what you've found out about [All and Everything] ?? Huh.. huh? He said ~ "It's all very simple, actually. But one must first learn pretty much [then dimiss most of that - implicit] in order to see this simple little bit.."

So I'll try to delve a bit, peripatetically as weird mood strikes. Overall I have the impression of a third angle: we "intellectually centered Types" have to beware of the mesmerizing effect of a whole bunch of ideas. Our first instinct is to build a Model. And preferably, almost inevitably? - The Model of [It All] cha cha cha. Y'know?

Hierarchical file systems appear to me to be a modern Kaballa in that.. there is the tacit evanescent promise that.. [?] perhaps it is ~ "with sufficient linkage we shall grasp The Whole but as a sort of Unifying-Simplicity". Alas for that, I have come to firmly disbelieve that 'grokking' could yield to any 'process' - of the classes [realizable] or [imaginable]. The class [impossible] may.. overlap both? Recursion should be expected here, but that may even be the Simple part.

I guess I don't know how to intellectually 'prove' - that intellect is not enough ;-) even to self, if I don't pay attention for a trice.. This may be why 'Teachers' are indispensable to grokking to fullness. Information we gots Lots of but umm 'transformation'? - Ah There's the Rub!

Ashton
who must rely greatly upon there being Cosmic Humor.
Otherwise - this Play is highly repetitive and odoriferous to boot.
Edit PS: Mozilla Rocks! Saving a bunch of tabs as Bookmarked Tabs.. comes dangerously close to feeding imagination that, that intellectual Model just.. might be tenable :( :-\ufffd
(How's That for recursion)
Expand Edited by Ashton Nov. 15, 2002, 08:22:01 PM EST
     I am shocked and appalled... - (screamer) - (9)
         just like it sez in the bible got a rod dont spare it - (boxley) - (2)
             Couple word definitions need correcting. - (Ashton) - (1)
                 wrongo bud - (boxley)
         Now.. now.. Dan - not to worry. - (Ashton) - (5)
             Okay, I have a confession... - (screamer) - (4)
                 Heh.. - (Ashton) - (3)
                     Since this thread is a throwaway anyway... - (screamer) - (2)
                         rosecrucians online looks like - (boxley)
                         Ah Grasshopper __[and we are all er Grasshoppers] - (Ashton)

No, really.
69 ms