IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New What version of...
Intel E100B driver you gots?

Anything before 6.1.1.0 has got some serious problems when used in Auto-Negotiation mode when connecting to SOHO class Hub/Switches/Routers (IOW Unmanaged), especially with some of the newer 10/100/1000 switches popping up.

6.1.3.0+ (6.2.1.0 is newest I think) actually has a firmware workaround for W2K and XP. Dunno about Win9X... ancient history... I know... 65% is still @Win9X

This bug also affects the E100+, E1000+ Copper, E100+ Server, E1000+ Server Copper. It doesn't affect E1000SX/LX/ELX Fiber NICs though...

SO update those NIC drivers... I am guessing since I actually pay attention to Intel NICs and the development of them... kinda nice for you all... ;)

BTW, this bug doesn't affect the "Stock" Kernel Module, or the Source version from Intel.. as it was fixed LOOOOOONG ago. Linux tripped on that one kinda hard... since it CAN utilize a 100Mbit pipe to nearly it's theoretical max...

BTW, I believe 6.1.3.0 is the newest version run through WHQL Certification... YMMV, but I'm running versions all over the place in Winbloze.

[link|mailto:curley95@attbi.com|greg] - Grand-Master Artist in IT
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry/|REMEMBER ED CURRY!!!]

Your friendly Homeland Security Officer reminds:
Hold Thumbprint to Screen for 5 seconds, we'll take the imprint, or
Just continue to type on your keyboard, and we'll just sample your DNA.
New Zooks! How do you keep track of all this stuff!!! :-)
New Wouldn't YOU like to know... ;)
Gotta remember... I am/was an Analyst Specializing in Networks & Server Operating Systems connected to those Networks (*NIX, <shudder>Windows</shudder>, Netware)

and Yes... OSX is now included there... but I ain't gots no PPC or G series to play with anymore...

[link|mailto:curley95@attbi.com|greg] - Grand-Master Artist in IT
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry/|REMEMBER ED CURRY!!!]

Your friendly Homeland Security Officer reminds:
Hold Thumbprint to Screen for 5 seconds, we'll take the imprint, or
Just continue to type on your keyboard, and we'll just sample your DNA.
     Any known remote crash exploits for Win2k? - (inthane-chan) - (5)
         Re: Any known remote crash exploits for Win2k? - (andread) - (1)
             memory leak? -NT - (boxley)
         What version of... - (folkert) - (2)
             Zooks! How do you keep track of all this stuff!!! :-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 Wouldn't YOU like to know... ;) - (folkert)

See. All my little jokes have layers upon layers.
68 ms