IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Reviewed: The Sunrise.
This morning, getting up at 5:55, I looked out the window and noticed that the whole world had gone red. A low flying pack of clouds had mostly blocked out the sky, and the morning sun, occluded by the horizon, had bounced it's rays off of the clouds, turning the light blood red, and gorgeous. I woke my wife, and told her to get dressed and come join me on the balcony. By the time she got out there, it had progressed to a pale pink, and within a minute the colors had turned to the standard morning fare.

I give it ****1/2 out of 5 stars. Would've been five, but the wife didn't make it in time to catch the full effect.

No pictures, as such an event cannot be captured on film or in digital, but only in the mind, and such a transient, fleeting beauty should only be seen the once, in the eye of the beholder, to vanish with their passing from the earth.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
New My best
Living in the high desert in California, we didn't often have enough humidity for interesting light shows. But one morning -- God, why was I even up? -- I was near the top of a ridge. There was a thin but solid ceiling about 2,000 feet above us. As the sun came up behind the next ridge, right by the horizon, we could actually see the first rays advance across the bottom of the clouds toward us.

You could have recorded it with the best camera in the world, and it wouldn't have looked real. It moved too fast. "Stranger things in heaven and earth ... "
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
New Sundown in Sofla is magnifique!
never fail to miss, all the pastels the thunderheads with godlight shining from behind. Only thing about the dam place that isnt ugly.
thanx,
bill
Our bureaucracy and our laws have turned the world into a clean, safe work camp. We are raising a nation of slaves.
Chuck Palahniuk
New Sleep in late, do you? "never fail to miss"...
New nope but im not on the coast any more
last year wuz renting on the intercoastal waterway the lagoons and canals behind the barrier islands where sunrise wuz georgous over the water. From here where I am close to the swamps sunrise is a fog miasma.
thanx,
bill
Our bureaucracy and our laws have turned the world into a clean, safe work camp. We are raising a nation of slaves.
Chuck Palahniuk
New Does smog over the valley count?
Some days the humidity is so thick you couldn't cut it with a knife.

(And this isn't where you normally think of smog.)
French Zombies are zapping me with lasers!
New Depends.
It's possible that the deep red was partially caused by the fires in Eastern Washington - the smoke might go up high enough to cause some interference. I didn't tell my wife that - she doesn't like to have beauty explained. Me? I'm one of those guys who sees beauty in it the deeper I burrow into how it works.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
     Reviewed: The Sunrise. - (inthane-chan) - (6)
         My best - (drewk)
         Sundown in Sofla is magnifique! - (boxley) - (2)
             Sleep in late, do you? "never fail to miss"... -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                 nope but im not on the coast any more - (boxley)
         Does smog over the valley count? - (wharris2) - (1)
             Depends. - (inthane-chan)

Black candle lit.
83 ms