IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New But it wasn't a funeral.
Boos and funerals do >not< go together.

I agree. But it wasn't a funeral, it was a "memorial service".

A [link|http://www.startribune.com/stories/1752/3400441.html|local story] about it.

As the uproar intensified Wednesday over a pointedly partisan speech at Sen. Paul Wellstone's memorial service the previous night, the late senator's campaign manager apologized and said it hadn't been planned.

Gov. Jesse Ventura's ire about the speech prompted him to say he might appoint an independent, instead of a Democrat, to temporarily fill Wellstone's seat. "I'm leaning toward appointing a regular citizen, someone you don't even know," Ventura said.

The state GOP asked for equal air time to match the 3 1/2 hours the memorial was on TV Tuesday night. And the University of Minnesota official who gave the campaign the go-ahead to use Williams Arena said she wouldn't have done so if she had known it would have "political overtones." Even the DFL candidate for governor, Roger Moe, criticized it as "unfortunate."

Wellstone's [link|http://www.startribune.com/stories/484/3395526.html|funeral] was Monday the 28th.

I agree that there were some aspects of the memorial service that were in bad taste, and the fact that it was televised for 3.5 hours and turned into a political rally should give opponents ammunition to demand equal time, but it was different from a funeral service.

Cheers,
Scott.
New What tf ever.
Nitpick if you want.

It wasn't the time nor was it the place.

Defending it is reprehensible.

The entire fiasco is disgusting.
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New What gripes my ass.
Is all the "holier-than-thou" bullshit coming from the event's critics. Who the fuck are any of you to say what is "appropriate" at a man unknown to you's funeral? Or maybe you think you know better than his own family? Piss off, the lot of you.
New Opinion noted.
Disagreed with, but noted. Mostly becasue I think the family became a distant second once the ball started rolling.
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
     You know you're being tacky when a pro wrestler walks out - (marlowe) - (24)
         Yeah, I can't believe both parties in this... - (Simon_Jester) - (3)
             I'm not sure that would make Paul frown. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                 Unforuately... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                     Huh??? - (mmoffitt)
         Truth stranger than fiction - (drewk)
         Awwww, did the poor widdle wrestler get offended? - (Silverlock) - (18)
             Right. - (bepatient) - (17)
                 What? - (Silverlock) - (16)
                     Excatly what it stated. - (bepatient) - (6)
                         Well, at least we agree on something - (Silverlock) - (1)
                             Don't think so.... - (bepatient)
                         But it wasn't a funeral. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                             What tf ever. - (bepatient) - (2)
                                 What gripes my ass. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                     Opinion noted. - (bepatient)
                     who's funeral was it and which senator? Puzzled, -NT - (boxley) - (8)
                         at a huge concert - (bepatient) - (7)
                             yep, benefit for the dead - (Silverlock) - (6)
                                 And? - (bepatient) - (5)
                                     No. - (Simon_Jester)
                                     Actually no. - (Silverlock) - (3)
                                         Re: Actually no. - (bepatient) - (2)
                                             Looks can be deceiving. - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                                 Alright. - (bepatient)

How convenient is that??
44 ms