IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New > 100K show up in DC march
per [link|http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A24432-2002Oct26.html|The Washington Post]. Oh well, Box ... you were close, within 4 orders of magnitude anyway (but I thougth that was expected performance for an MCSE or somethin ?! and I thought you was a AS400 type ;-)

OTOH and natch, the [link|http://www.nytimes.com/2002/10/27/politics/27PROT.html| NY Times] downplayed with.. 'thousands' of protestors marched through Washington's streets... But then, what would one expect from the Librul Press? Wonder what the National / Worldwide TOTAL looks like ? Not that Muricans much care about them furrin numbers.

Thought for the month: may Dubya reexperience LBJ's quaint expression.. hunkered down in the White House reel soon now.

Ashton
New well things arnt looking so good for POTUS and crew
Bill O'Reilly is gnawing on Ashcrofts ass about the INS again.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

"Therefore, by objective standards, the leading managers of the U.S. economy...are collectively, clinically insane."
Lyndon LaRouche
New Make that: closer to 200K
The Times runs a tacit correction

The demonstration on Saturday in Washington drew 100,000 by police estimates and 200,000 by organizers', forming a two-mile wall of marchers around the White House. The turnout startled even organizers, who had taken out permits for 20,000 marchers. They expected 30 buses, and were surprised by about 650, coming from as far as Nebraska and Florida.

A companion demonstration in San Francisco attracted 42,000 protesters, city police there said, and smaller groups demonstrated in other cities, including about 800 in Austin, Tex., and 2,500 in Augusta, Me.
This per Tom T's blog. I wonder why there's no standard crowd-counting technique - yet.

Ashton
New Sure there is.
If you agree with the crowd - take a sample, multiply by area used by crowd, then multiply by 10.

If you disagree with the crowd - take a sample, multiply by area used by crowd, then divide by 10, and print the correction a week later under "Pets wanted."

:-)
End of world rescheduled for day after tomorrow. Something should probably be done. Please advise.
New This from the "newspaper of record"?
Which corp owns 'em I wonder.

It seems the reporting on the protest itself is becoming news.
[link|http://www.editorandpublisher.com/editorandpublisher/headlines/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1752047|URL]
"A civilian gang of thieving lobbyists for the military industrial complex is running the White House. If to be against them is considered unpatriotic -- Hell, then call me a traitor."
-- Hunter S. Thompson
New Caught with Repo bias hanging out all over the street
New wow thats twice as many as
attended wrestlemania 3 in Pontiac Michegan puttin it in perspective
On March 29, 1987, 93,173 fans attended WrestleMania\ufffd III at the Pontiac Silverdome never mind the estimates for the payerview, there was 20k in just in Reno showed up for that.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]

To a lot of people in California hunting anything but the wild tofualope was equivelent to sacarificing babies to satan. S.M. Stirling
     I've finally seen a report in a "major" media outlet - (Silverlock) - (29)
         which six figures were going to show up? :-) - (boxley) - (17)
             Think of it as Vietnam demonstrations - (Ashton)
             Bill..... please. - (Silverlock) - (14)
                 I dont want to invade Iraq - (boxley) - (13)
                     Check the time lines. - (Brandioch)
                     If you say so - (Silverlock) - (11)
                         sigh, - (boxley) - (10)
                             Out of cheese error - (Silverlock) - (7)
                                 Out of cheese error - (deSitter) - (6)
                                     It was just a random thought based on the 6 figures comment -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                         That was the joke he didn't get! -NT - (deSitter)
                                     Re: Out of cheese error - (hnick) - (3)
                                         That would be... - (static) - (2)
                                             Yep... - (hnick) - (1)
                                                 Oh yes. - (static)
                             heh Gore and Babs - (deSitter) - (1)
                                 or fievel goes south (gotta have kids to get that one) - (boxley)
             ROFL - (deSitter)
         Re: I've finally seen a report in a "major" media outlet - (wharris2) - (3)
             Cool - (Silverlock) - (2)
                 Re: Cool - (wharris2)
                 Note RE Harris - (deSitter)
         > 100K show up in DC march - (Ashton) - (6)
             well things arnt looking so good for POTUS and crew - (boxley)
             Make that: closer to 200K - (Ashton) - (4)
                 Sure there is. - (inthane-chan)
                 This from the "newspaper of record"? - (Silverlock) - (1)
                     Caught with Repo bias hanging out all over the street -NT - (Ashton)
                 wow thats twice as many as - (boxley)

As Ashton noted, it's a good one.
416 ms