IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Ed Foster has some good (bad) stuff this week.
See [link|http://www.infoworld.com/articles/op/xml/02/10/28/021028opgripe.xml|here.]

I think I can be forgiven MoronWorld for Ed's column. I pretty much just go straight there and leave.
End of world rescheduled for day after tomorrow. Something should probably be done. Please advise.
New good one
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

"Therefore, by objective standards, the leading managers of the U.S. economy...are collectively, clinically insane."
Lyndon LaRouche
New <rant>
So let's see here...

They wanna license books, not sell them. this way, they an attempt to restrict the licensee's rights with respect on how to use and dispose of this. (Never mind that the USSC, in a more enlightened time 100 years ago[!] explicitly ruled that illegal).

Let's explore that a bit.

For the conspiracy theorists among us, one could easily see that this would have the effect of slowly but inexorably restricting books to the wealthier segment of the population (you know, those who could afford the "licensing fees" associated with "mantaining books in one's possession" (note I didn't say "own books"). As this progressed, it would further polarize our populace into those with knowledge and access to information (the one-percenters), and those without (everybody else).

Further solidifying the hold on power by this country's landed gentry.

But of course, this would be an "unforseen side effect". The "market" will have decided this outcome; there would never have been any overt manipulation of this, would there?!?

Thomas Jefferson was right, he just got the interval wrong (20 years is too frequent, 200 years might just be too long...)

[/rant]
jb4
"About the use of language: it is impossible to sharpen a pencil with a blunt axe. It is equally vain to try to do it with ten blunt axes instead. "
-- Edsger W.Dijkstra (1930 - 2002)
(I wish more managers knew that...)
New 20 vs 200 years
The thing you have to realise about a Jeffersonian revolution is that it does not necessarily need to result in the destruction of the institutions of the state... just the people in charge of it at the time. This has actually happened a few times in your history... and often without violence (though not always... the change that happened in the thirties was accompanied by quite a bit of violence, for example... the one in the sixties in the US southeast was pretty violent too). In general, your upper classes have had the intellectual werewithal to realise that squeezing too much resulted in greater assets in the short term and a lynching in the longer term... so that it made more sense not to be too greedy. it's only the current generation of People In Charge (boomers, by and large) that haven't figured this out yet. Will they? That's another question...
--\r\n-------------------------------------------------------------------\r\n* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *\r\n* [link|http://consultron.ca|http://consultron.ca]                   [link|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca] *\r\n* Laval Qu\ufffdbec Canada                   [link|news://news.consultron.ca|news://news.consultron.ca] *\r\n-------------------------------------------------------------------
New Boomers?
Cheney? Rumsfeld? Powell? Rove? Hyde? Thurmond? Hatch? Hastert? Armey? DeLay? Bush I? Rehnquist? Scalia? The CEO of any Fortune 100 company? These are Boomers????

Who you crappin?

(Bush II might accurately be considered a Boomer. He would more accurately be considered a puppet of any of the above list
jb4
"About the use of language: it is impossible to sharpen a pencil with a blunt axe. It is equally vain to try to do it with ten blunt axes instead. "
-- Edsger W.Dijkstra (1930 - 2002)
(I wish more managers knew that...)
     Ed Foster has some good (bad) stuff this week. - (inthane-chan) - (4)
         good one -NT - (boxley)
         <rant> - (jb4) - (2)
             20 vs 200 years - (jake123) - (1)
                 Boomers? - (jb4)

I was pretty stoked the day I learned how to properly pronounce "Worcestershire," because I don't have a lot going for me.
81 ms