IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I normally touch marketing with a 10-foot pole, which i burn
But that's not a bad web page, and if you come here and talk with us, well... maybe I'll overcome my prejudices. :=)
New Check the username link.
Four posts in a row, same message. Spam. I'm composing an email as we speak.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New called jeremy and told him its not apreciated and if he ever
wanted anybody to consider his firm to write a short note. We'll see
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

"Therefore, by objective standards, the leading managers of the U.S. economy...are collectively, clinically insane."
Lyndon LaRouche
New Please accept our apologies
Sorry we were just looking for creative criticism, we didn't mean to spam the board. Please accept our apologies.

Sincerely,
Jeremy
New Er... so now you're spamming with the apology...?
Regards,

-scott anderson

New Ummm - isn't this a bit of Catch 22?__;-)
New Only one apology was needed.
Not one for every instance of the spam. :-P
Regards,

-scott anderson

New We need those guidelines back up.
Which means per-forum banners... :-)

Yeah, I know: "post it in the Suggestions forum"!

Wade.

"Ah. One of the difficult questions."

New Er...
How long has it been since you've peeked in that forum...?
Regards,

-scott anderson

New I think Wade's making a good suggestion.
It probably makes sense to have some way of making a few posts "un-mark-read"-able. That is, every time one entered a particular forum there would be a friendly LRPD to a particular post - like the IWeThey Board Policy (or whatever it's called).

(One could probably expand this so that if the group decides that some particular post merits a Gold Star for being Post of the Day or Post of the Week or something, that that post would be persistent (for some period of time) as well. Think of this as being something like the Front Page of K5 but without being quite so formal. Maybe a Greatest Clicks forum could be created for this.)

Or, as Wade suggests, having a specific header (including a link to that post) in that forum.

At least that's my take on what he's said. As it is now, one has to remember that the Policy is there and has to Mark All Unread (or whatever it's called) to see the old posts (and potentially scroll through several pages).

[Edit - After posting I realized I should have put this in Suggestions. There doesn't seem to be any way to do that after the article is posted. I'll put a pointer in Suggestions...]

Cheers,
Scott.
Expand Edited by Another Scott Oct. 26, 2002, 10:38:40 AM EDT
New Again... er...
Have you been to the guidelines forum lately...?
Regards,

-scott anderson

New Not in a couple of days. <clicky click...> Hmm.
You should quit reading our minds like that.

Now where did I put my tinfoil hat....

:-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New Re: Not in a couple of days. <clicky click...> Hmm.
Yes, indeed... tinfoil. That will protect you. You keep believing that...
Regards,

-scott anderson

New Coool... so it DOES work...
I was wondering what woud stop those amazing Power of yours...

;)

[link|mailto:curley95@attbi.com|greg] - Grand-Master Artist in IT
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry/|REMEMBER ED CURRY!!!]

Your friendly Homeland Security Officer reminds:
Hold Thumbprint to Screen for 5 seconds, we'll take the imprint, or
Just continue to type on your keyboard, and we'll just sample your DNA.
New Thereby hangs a tale.
It had probably been no more than 24 hours before posting that. But before posting in Suggestions, I decided to check for myself, as I [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=59726|explained here]. Hence the lack of a Suggestions post.

Them too, AFAICR it wasn't the first time I had made this suggestion, either (and I'm just lazy enough to not go look), which is another reason I said it in here. :-)

Wade.

"Ah. One of the difficult questions."

Looking for Feedback - (alliedcomputing) - (15)
         I normally touch marketing with a 10-foot pole, which i burn - (wharris2) - (14)
             Check the username link. - (admin) - (13)
                 called jeremy and told him its not apreciated and if he ever - (boxley) - (12)
                     Please accept our apologies - (alliedcomputing) - (11)
                         Er... so now you're spamming with the apology...? -NT - (admin) - (10)
                             Ummm - isn't this a bit of Catch 22?__;-) -NT - (Ashton) - (9)
                                 Only one apology was needed. - (admin) - (8)
                                     We need those guidelines back up. - (static) - (7)
                                         Er... - (admin) - (6)
                                             I think Wade's making a good suggestion. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                 Again... er... - (admin) - (3)
                                                     Not in a couple of days. <clicky click...> Hmm. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                         Re: Not in a couple of days. <clicky click...> Hmm. - (admin) - (1)
                                                             Coool... so it DOES work... - (folkert)
                                             Thereby hangs a tale. - (static)

Escape from the prison planet!
222 ms